The One Where Monica Gets a New Roommate

It had been just over a week since Flora had moved in with her sister and much to her own surprise (and her sister's) she'd settled in quite well, all things considered.

Her new job, designing props for a well-known film studio, was everything she'd hoped it would be and despite the unexpectedly long hours it was something she genuinely enjoyed and that's all she could really hope for in a job.

Meeting Joey and Phoebe for the first time was odd to say the least.

The girl immediately received an extremely suggestive "How you doin'?" from the actor as he winked at her, and an offer from Phoebe to 'cleanse her aura' (whatever that meant). But she immediately liked them, nonetheless, and slipped easily into their group dynamic.

Then there was Chandler. The boy, well now man, she hadn't seen in almost ten years.

His previous Miami Vice style quiff and awkwardly fitted white suits that he wore all the time was replaced with floppy hair that suited his face and soft sweater vests.

He had clearly matured in many ways but Flora couldn't deny that his cute yet sarcastic, boyish smile and humour remained.

The guy that had barely crossed her mind for nearly a decade unless Ross happened to mention him in passing when he called now sat across from her, occasionally sipping his coffee.

And Flora couldn't help but get slightly lost in his eyes as he spoke, no matter what he came out with.

"Alright, so i'm back in high school, i'm standing in the middle of the cafeteria, and I realise i am totally naked." Chandler gestured as he explained his latest odd dream.

"Oh yeah, had that dream." Flora replied, everyone around her instinctively agreeing.

"Then I look down and I realise there's a phone... there." He continued.

The friends shared confused yet concerned looks between them, looking at Chandler for clarification.

"Instead of...?" Joey questioned.

Flora leaned closer, her elbows resting on her knees and her head on her hands as she sat on the oversized yet comfortable sofa sipping her americano.

"That's right..."

"Never had that dream." Joey stated, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Yeah you've lost me." Flora agreed, yet she couldn't deny that she was slightly amused and intrigued by the undeniably odd subconscious of her friend's mind.

"All of a sudden, the phone starts to ring. Now I don't know what to do, everybody starts looking at me."

"And they weren't looking at you before?!" Monica chimed in, complete disbelief on her face.

Putting her coffee cup down on the old table, she made eye contact with her sister, utter confusion on both of their faces.

"...Finally, I figure i'd better answer it, and it turns out it's my mother, which is very, very weird because she never calls me."

~~~

Flora, Chandler, Joey and Phoebe sat in the exact same places they were sat hours before, absentmindedly discussing Monica's impending date that evening as the ringing of the bell at the door distracted them from their conversation, all turning to see a melancholic Ross stood in the doorway clutching an umbrella like it was his lifeline.

"Hi" He greeted everyone, sounding like someone had just died.

"This guy says hello, I wanna kill myself." Joey joked.