𝟏𝟑|| 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐈𝐧 𝐇𝐢𝐦

"This is the most normal weekend we had in a while"

Kayla said, raising the cocktail in her hand to sip as she lay quietly on the lounger by the pool.

We were all gathered around the pool, listening to music, talking and everything is so...peaceful.

I looked at each of my new friends and put a slightly silly smile on my face.

I liked it here with them.

Then my gaze settled on Aiden, who was talking to my brother, laughing and sipping from his beer.

I know how psychopathic it might look to stare at him, but I just can't take my eyes off him. My stomach tightened, my body warmed, and my cheeks turned red just remembering what his mouth was doing right here by this pool.

He is too fucking good with his tongue.

"Grace, are you listening to me?"

I shook my head, turning my attention to Kayla, who was staring at me with a raised eyebrow in confusion as she studied my face.

"Yes" I coughed, trying to hide that I just fantasized about her brother just seconds ago. "What's up?"

"Blake and Aiden met some people while they were working and they invited us all to their party" she explained slowly as if I'm stupid. "What do you think?"

I pursed my lips in a straight line, wrinkling my nose, thinking about it. I don't think my body can handle another party or more alcohol.

"I think I'll pass this time" I said, biting my lip slightly. I noticed that Aiden was following my every move.

"Why?" She replied in a squeaky voice, "Come on, it's going to be fun" she tried to convince me. ''You can finally fuck some hot guy from here''

As she said these words, Blake, Aiden, and I looked at her at the same time.

That's just...Kayla.Always saying what's on her mind without thinking about the consequences or if it's at the right time and that's one of the reasons I like her so much.

But not now.

Because Aiden was killing his sister with his cold stare.

"I don't care as long as I don't witness this" Blake raised his hands, reclining calmly in his chair, and Aiden turned his attention to him with a raised eyebrow.

"Kayla you really don't know when to shut up" Hunter sighed, shaking his head visibly unhappy with her comment. I almost forgot about him with Aiden's dominant presence.

"Oh shut up, Hunter, even a blind man can see you like Grace" Valerie added, and I looked at her wide-eyed.

Awkward.

I saw Aiden's body tense, taking a deep breath.

The beast inside him was ready to explode and that won't end well for any of us if we don't change the subject.

"And what if it's true? " Hunter said back making the situation worse than it already was. "It's none of your business, Valerie" Hunter spits out these words and his face was tense showing how much pissed off he is right now.

"You're right, it's not" she smirked wickedly sipping from her cocktail

"You know what? " I interrupted them, making everyone look at me "This party is not a bad idea after all" I added, with a slight sneer, trying to change the subject to something else.