Part 5. [Last part!]

A/N - Hi guys! I'm so sorry I was so so so late, I just can't explain how much pressure I've been under with all the studying! This is the last part and I feel so bad about it! I loved every minute I spent writing this and imagining every scene in it! I hope you guys like it just as much. Thanks a lot for reading, it means way more than you'd ever think! Have a great day, and don't forget to leave your votes and reviews! :)

Mario walked into Marco’s house; the main door was left open. He had left the party roughly 15 minutes after Marco left, and he knew straightaway that Marco was heading home. The whole apartment was an absolute mess, everything had been tossed and turned around, and Mario could hear “Mr. Brightside” by The Killers blasting through the speakers in Marco’s bedroom. He smiled to himself a little bit before walking into Marco’s room, only to find Marco sitting on the bed with his back facing the door. The music was so loud that Marco didn’t hear Mario’s footsteps. Mario walked up to the music dock and pulled Marco’s phone out of it, stopping the music. Marco turned his head, and shouted angrily – “WHAT?”
“Keep that voice down, Woody. I’m not here to fight. I know you didn’t like Bela leaving with Erik. Instead of being an ass, please speak to me about it. Let it out, please,” Mario responded, as he went and sat next to Marco. Marco realized that Mario wasn’t going to leave as long as he spoke up, and Marco himself was tired of bottling up all those feelings, so he spoke up. “Bela and I had a fight. The night before our two year anniversary, she was going to take me to my favourite restaurant. She bought me a suit and a white shirt, both of which I ruined, along with my relationship. I was an ass to her, Mario.”
“I know all about that part, you idiot. Tell me what happened afterwards. Why did you go hangout with Caro?! And then you brought her to the fucking party? What the hell were you thinking?” Mario asked, his eyebrows furrowed.
Marco rubbed the nape of his neck with his left hand, and turned left; whereas Mario was sitting on his right. “I… I was trying to make Isabela jealous.”
Mario shook his head in disbelief, and rolled his eyes. “Dude… She’s not some girl you were chasing! She’s your girlfriend! Why would you need to make her jealous? Especially when you were having a fight? Woody, bro, are you crazy?”
“Look, she went out with Erik, okay? I saw pictures! That too, just a week after we had the fight! She didn’t call me, she didn’t text me, she didn’t even leave me a message anywhere – She went out for dinner with Erik! His arms were around her, Mario. You didn’t see it, I did. I saw the pictures and I just,” Marco couldn’t finish his sentence; his hands were shaking as he clenched his fists. Mario stared at Marco with worried eyes, and went on to say, “You just? Go ahead, finish it. Finish whatever you were going to say.”
“She left the party with Erik. She was slightly drunk and so was he, it’s the night before New Year’s, we all know what this will lead to – Or already has led to, probably,” Marco said, with an agonized expression on his face. “And the worst part is, I manipulated her into doing this. It’s my fault, Sunny. She loved me so much even when I was the most terrible person on Earth, but she stuck around for so long, and I pissed her off. And then I pissed her off some more. And now Erik could be all over her and-“
He couldn’t finish his sentence once more, he choked up. Mario’s eyes were fixed on Marco, and he let out a deep breath and put one of his arms on Marco’s shoulder, and pulled him closer. “You really love her, don’t you?” Mario asked.
Marco couldn’t hold back the tears anymore, he started sobbing. “More than I thought I did. Way more than I thought I did,” he answered. Mario pulled him into a hug – Marco wasn’t the kind of guy who would easily cry. The last time he saw Marco crying like this was when he came to know that he’d miss the World Cup due to his injury. Otherwise, Marco would never let his emotions out, especially not grief. Mario let out a deep breath and said, “She’s not sleeping with him, don’t worry.”
“How would you know? You’re only saying that to make me feel better,” Marco said, as he sat up straight and wiped off the tears.
“Because, my dear Woody, I planned this,” Mario answered, with a smile.
“Planned what? What do you mean?” Marco asked, his eyebrows furrowed.
“Erik was with Isabela because she’s been sick, like really sick. And I told Erik to take Isabela out, and I got a photographer to take those pictures and send them to you, but that “arms around her” part wasn’t planned by me – Guess even luck was on my side. I thought you’d see the pictures and call her up or speak to her, but you being the ass you are, went out with Caro instead. So Erik and I forced Bela to come to the party, thinking if you guys met in person, you’d both at least speak. But once again, you did the great job of ruining my plan and showed up with Carolin. And when Bela asked to leave, Erik knew exactly what he had to do. And here we are,” Mario explained. Marco stared blankly at Mario for a few seconds, and then he finally spoke up, “But… I don’t…”
“Look, Bela has done a lot for me, yeah? The uncountable number of times she’s helped me with problems with AK, and so many more problems, I can’t thank her enough. I couldn’t see her like that. And she’s done even more for you. She loves you so fucking much, and the last thing I’d want for my stupid best friend is to lose a girl like that. I needed to fix this because I knew you’d be an absolute dumbass and stay mum, and if you’re still confused, just give me a second,” Mario said, as he took out his phone from his pocket and called someone. He put the call on loudspeaker, and Marco looked at the screen – It said “Erik”. Erik picked up and Mario asked, “Hey man, you did your part?”
“Yeah, I did! I’ve dropped her back home and I’m heading back to the party, but she wasn’t looking too well, I think her fever might be returning again. But I’m trusting you to take care of what’s ahead, hopefully everything’s gonna fall back into place for the poor girl, she cried the whole way home and the only thing that came out of her mouth was Marco’s name. Anyway, I’ll hit you up later, yeah? Bye bro!”
“Bye and thanks!” Mario said, he then cut the call. “Heard that?”
“So that means… She still… What do I do now?” Marco asked, still confused.
“Oh my God, you idiot! RUN TO HER! You heard where she is, how she is, and all she needs is you. GO TO HER. RIGHT NOW,” Mario ordered.
Marco stood up, and so did Mario. “I don’t know how I’ll ever thank you for this, Sunny!” he said, as he pulled Mario into a tight hug.
“Just fix things fast. I’ll take that as a thank you,” Mario answered.