Chapter 1: My Secret Life (Prologue)

Dear Diary,

I feel like my friends don't care about me. The past 4 years, all they ever talk about are either how fucking stupid Matt is, or Mariel's relationships (past and present.) With ALL due respects, Mariel is a great person, hell she's one of my best friends. But ever since she started her career on YouTube...She's changed! She used to be really creative, spunky, and fun to be around. I remember how excited we were when she got word of her channel's creation in 2016. But as of 2018, all she ever cares about is her online reputation and how many followers she has. And whenever she gets into some sort of drama online (THAT'S HER FAULT ENTIRELY) instead of coming forward and apologizing to the public, she just twists the story and makes it the other person's fault. The problem is, she never learns! She always winds up being on good terms with the person she fought with and drama is then swept under the rug. I'm not saying I should expose her (as tempting as it sounds.) But I really wish I'd at least get some recognition from her or the others...

But little to they know, I have a secret life behind closed doors. By day, I'm your "Average Joe" living in Millstone. But by night, I'm a pop star known as "Notorious NEZ" and I perform every Night in Electric City. None of the guys known about my alternate identity. I'll reveal it to them once they treat me with some actual respect, which won't be for a LONG time. Anyways I have a gig at 9 pm. I should probably get going now. 

-Inez :)