CHAPTER Eleven

Gulf sensed the bizarre atmosphere lingering inside his apartment as he entered it. Thinking it might just be because the entire day had already worn him out, the young man threw his stuff on the sofa and proceeded into his room. His heart almost dropped when he noticed someone hiding under his blanket. 

His chest started to pound fast, thinking that it could be a burglar. Gulf looked around to find something that he could use for self-defense. It's better to be prepared than never.

Quietly, he walked back to the dining area and grabbed the thickest book he had in his bag before going back to his room. The book might be hard enough to slam somebody's consciousness.

Heaving out a deep breath while keeping his composure, Gulf held the book firmly as he grasped the hem of the blanket and pulled it out of the bed to reveal the person hiding beneath it.

"SURPRIII~!"

"SHIA!!" He exclaimed and immediately took the book and used them to hit the person, who was letting his guard down. He felt his adrenaline rushing, causing his reflexes to act up swiftly.

"Hey!-Ouch!-OI!" The person complained but that didn't stop Gulf from hitting him by the pillows. Whoever this person might be, he's messing up with the wrong person. The person tried to protect himself from Gulf's attack, but somehow Gulf suddenly gathered the strength to keep the intruder. He took the blanket again and covered the intruder before he mounted over to lock him on the bed, giving him no chance of resisting again.

"Who are you? Why are you here, and how did you enter my room?" Gulf threw the questions, still hitting the person with the book. It was a total chaos. Gulf thought of opening this concern to the security personnel once he managed to tie this burglar.

"Hey! Wait!--Ouch! Stop it! Gulf, it's me!" The younger one paused upon hearing a familiar voice. It was slightly muffled but still, Gulf recognized it. Still holding the book, he slightly removed the cover from the person's face.

And to his surprise, his eyes widened, "Gun!" He rejoiced and gladly hugged him. He didn't think that the voice he recognized was actually his brother's. The panic he felt earlier was gone after seeing his older brother, whom he hadn't seen for 3 years.

-------------

"What a heart-warming welcome you have for me." His older brother mumbled sarcastically while whimpering slightly as Gulf applied an ointment to his forehead that was hit by the book earlier. 

"Sorry, I thought you were a thief. Besides, you didn't tell me you're back so how am I supposed to act when I suddenly found someone trespassing in my room, huh?" Gulf pouted. His brother chuckled and ruffled his hair, somehow feeling the guilt of his actions. He should've informed Gulf beforehand. 

"Haha okay okay, my bad. I was planning to surprise you earlier." Gun laughed. Gulf just shook his head, after all, he was already overjoyed with his brother's return. And he's sure he'll not stay here for good since their father assigned him to manage the branch of their business overseas. All could he do for now is to cherish every moment with his older brother.

"Have you eaten yet?"

"Yeah, how about you?"

"Hm, my seniors from the club brought a lot of food." The elder one was glad to hear that.

"Uh, by the way, Mom told me about your short play next week. I'm so glad you got the lead role."

Gulf felt a bit shy when his brother opened up about the play.

"Come on, it's just a small play. Don't exaggerate."

"By the way, I'll be coming home tomorrow morning, wanna come with me?" His brother smiled.

The younger one pouted, "I'd like to, but I have a meeting with my senior tomorrow." He said.

"But I'll try my best to visit home if we'll finish early." He proceeded.

They spent a few more minutes talking about the things they'd missed together until they both felt tired.

Gulf went to bed first while his older brother was taking a shower. He was busy reading his favorite book while still waiting for his brother. Then suddenly his phone rang shortly. Notifying the owner that he got a message. He picked up the phone, looked at the notification, and saw his senior's name flashing on the phone screen.

From: P'Mew

"Are you home already?"

The young boy slightly crossed his eyebrows as it was a bit strange for his senior to send him a text message. Although confused, the young boy still managed to compose a reply for the senior.

To: P'Mew

"Yes P', I'm home. Why?"

He can't help but ask for its reason. It took a couple of minutes before the senior's reply came.

From: P'Mew

"Nothing"

It is just a one-word reply. Gulf's brows were literally crumpled as his mind was left hanging by his senior's reply. Why did he even bother to ask if it's nothing?

"Why am I thinking too much? It's not like he was worried... Or maybe he was. Of course, it's normal for seniors to take care of their juniors, right?" He said to himself. Gulf was thinking deeply, to the point that he wasn't aware that his brother already finished his shower and was now giving him a weird look. The young boy flinched upon noticing his brother's appearance.

"What's with the reaction huh? Are you hiding something?" The suspicious tone in his brother's voice made him feel uneasy.

"Uh- Nothing, I'm just sleepy. Goodnight P'Gun" he put the phone on the side table and hid behind the blanket. His brother can't help but let out a short chuckle at his brother's gestures.

The Next Day...

"Are you sure you don't want to come with me?" The elder asked while putting his bag in the car's compartment. Gulf wanted to, but he still needed to meet with his senior to practice for the play.

"Nah, I'll be home after meeting with my senior. " Gulf answered, helping his brother with his luggage. He might make it fast to finish their practice for him to go home early, he kind of missed home too. He was just in the first year but there were lots of activities and schoolwork to do, not to mention their play for the upcoming open-house event.

"Okay, then I'll be off now. See yah later li'l bro." He ruffled his brother's hair before going inside the car.

"Oi P' I'm not a kid anymore" he complained and fixed his hair.

Gun chuckled. "Who cares? You're still my cute li'l bro." He winked, but Gulf was giving him glares.

"Ah-ah okay, fine by you then." He laughed and entered the car. The siblings waved goodbye to each other before Gun started the engine and left. The young boy looked at the car until it finally vanished from his eyes.

"Didn't know you have that side of yours."