CHAPTER Five

The long and tiring weekdays had passed. It was already late in the morning, and Gulf was still lying in his bed. Today was supposed to be the first day of his guitar practice with Mew. However, he didn't seem like leaving his room after what he had heard from his friend. He was stuck between going to his senior or staying in his room.

He was in the middle of deep thinking when the doorbell suddenly rang. He immediately stood up and walked towards the door. His eyes widened upon seeing the unexpected person standing in front of him.

"Don't tell me you forgot?" the young man with his arms crossed implied.

Gulf raised his eyebrows, thinking about his excuse, but then he just gave Mew an awkward smile when he failed to think of one.

A few minutes passed before he realized that they were still standing at the doorway. So he gave way to let the older one inside. He told him to sit on the sofa first and went to the kitchen.

Mew put his stuff on the sofa before taking a seat.

On the other hand, Gulf took a plate and a glass and put some cookies and juice on them. He was about to come back to the living room when he realized that he was still wearing his pajamas. So without letting the other person notice him, he rushed back to his room and eventually came back after changing his clothes.

While waiting for the younger one to return, Mew looked around the whole living room and was fascinated by the nice color scheme of it. Many things were placed everywhere, but it didn't make the whole place look messy. They are neat and well-organized. His eyes stopped at a small corner of the room where many anime figures were placed in a tall glass cabinet.

"I see you're fond of these kinds of stuff." He uttered without giving even a quick glance at the owner. Gulf's location is not far from his, so he's sure that the other one heard what he said.

"Hmm yeah, kind of. I used to enjoy watching them with my brother until he entered the university." Mew didn't throw any more questions and decided to sit back on the couch.

Gulf returned with a tray containing a plate of chocolate chip cookies and a glass of orange juice. He gently put the tray on the small table and sat on the chair, facing his senior. Upon noticing the younger one had changed his clothes, a slight grin secretly formed on Mew's lips.

For minutes, they were enveloped in an awkward silence, and strangely, Gulf sat distantly from the senior looking quite uneasy. The atmosphere slowly made Mew impatient, so he heaved a breath, leaned back on the backrest, and crossed his arms over his chest.

"So, where should we begin? What do you want to learn first?" His brows raised when he got no response from Gulf. He was just staring at him for an unknown reason, and it creeps him out.

"Hey, are we going to daze off the whole day?"

"I'm sorry." Now, his raised brows crossed in confusion.

"You're sorry? For what?" He asked. He noticed the gloomy expression on the other one's face before he drew his gaze down.

"I didn't know you hated playing guitar, but then I asked for your help. It was so inconsiderate of me back then. " Gulf murmured while keeping his gaze on the floor.

After what he heard the other day, Gulf couldn't believe he forced him to be his tutor without considering his views. 

"Who said I hate it?" He asked. Gulf slightly raised a glance at him but it didn't even last for two seconds, for he felt like he was about to burn by his penetrating stare. He then bit his lower lip and drifted his eyes back downwards.

"I just happened to hear it somewhere, but swear I didn't mean to eavesdrop." He lied. He just can't say he heard it from his best friend.

Gulf didn't hear any words from him at all. Instead, Mew sighed deeply and poured a glass of juice into his drying throat. He put the glass back on the table and looked at the younger one. He didn't expect him to raise a glance at him.

"Do you think I would be here if I was just playing around?" he said in a gentle voice, which made Gulf raise his head until he met Mew's gaze. Awkward silence invaded them for a couple of minutes.

"I'm not here because I simply want to help you..." He suddenly stood up and leaned towards Gulf, locking him on the sofa with both hands extending onto the backrest. Gulf's eyes widened in shock and his back sank on the backrest.

One wrong move and their lips could touch. Their faces are just an inch apart. Mew's gazes and scent were strangely enough to mesmerize him as if he had been pulled by a black hole. Gulf clenched his teeth as his breath became unsteady.

 "You promised to do what I want, remember?" 

"Right! How could I forget? He's doing it for the deal." Gulf thought.

"Besides..." Mew paused and slowly moved even closer to him. 

 "W-What do you think you're doing?" Gulf couldn't help but shut his eyes when their nose touched. He could feel his heart bursting inside his chest. He wanted to push him but it looked like his arms were too tense to cooperate.

"I brought a guitar, in case you don't have one yet. " Gulf immediately opened his eyes as soon as he felt him moved. He also noticed the guitar on his hand. Mew went back to the sofa and positioned the guitar on his lap.

"Let's begin with the basic chords first." Gulf shook his head to erase what happened earlier in his thoughts.

"What are you doing?" Mew asked. He was waiting for Gulf to move beside him, but all that he got was just a puzzled look. 

"I'm watching you." The younger one replied innocently which made the older one sigh.

"How are you going to learn if you just watch, huh?" Mew retorted.

"Am I supposed to sit beside you?" Gulf nodded his head in response. For a couple of minutes, Gulf hesitated but then eventually stood up and moved beside the senior.

"Here, hold it," Mew said, sharing the guitar with him.

"Now let's start with chord-C." He first showed the proper finger positions on the guitar strings before letting Gulf follow him.

"Now, strum the guitar," he ordered.

The first try wasn't that good, so he asked him to press his fingers on the strings firmly until he got the exact tune. He asked him to repeat it once more before going to the next chord.

"Next will be the chord-G," announced the young man.

Like what he did earlier, he put his fingers first to serve as the guide.

Now it was Gulf's turn to put his fingers on the strings. Unfortunately, his fingers couldn't reach the last string. He tried again until he reached the string, but he couldn't press it firmly.

"Let me help you."

Gulf was stunned when Mew's manly hand touched his slender fingers, helping them to press the chords. The younger one kept his eyes on their hands, not noticing the proximity between them. Then unexpectedly, both of them raised their gazes and paused when their eyes met.

As if being electrecuted, Mew was the one to broke the connection of their gazes and cleared his throat.

"Eyes on the guitar." He ordered to divert their attention.

"Apologies, SIR. tsk!" Gulf uttered sarcastically and drifted his eyes back to the guitar.