86 - Bai

After Bai Changyi’s ‘Ting, tilt the camera further down, I can’t see it’, the small speaker emitted a beep: “Disconnected from Bluetooth.”

It was disconnected?

Zhu Ao’s head didn’t move, but his eyes slowly shifted up towards the ceiling. Right above them, on the second floor, happened to be Ting Shuang’s bedroom.

After looking at the ceiling for a few seconds, Zhu Ao’s gaze returned to the now completely quiet Bluetooth speaker.

Throughout the whole process, his expression was indescribable.

The nurse looked at the speaker, then at Zhu Ao, not daring to break the dead silence in the dining area.

Zhu Ao picked up the teacup and slowly brought it to his mouth. His movements stalled for a long time, before he slowly put the teacup back onto the table. Just like that, he picked it up, put it back down, and repeated that process three more times. He couldn’t bring himself to swallow the tea, and ended up not drinking a single mouthful.

Finally, he spoke up, “Call Ting Shuang down for breakfast.”

The nurse nodded and was about to go upstairs when Zhu Ao added, “After fifteen minutes, no, make it half an hour.”

They were young, half an hour should be sufficient.

After giving that order, Zhu Ao finally recovered from the shock and was able to drink the cup of tea safely.

Unexpectedly, just two minutes later, Ting Shuang entered the dining area, looking relaxed and refreshed.

“Eating dim sum for breakfast today? You eat well when you’re at home.” He casually sat beside Zhu Ao, and used a pair of chopsticks to pick up a chicken foot with black bean sauce, chewing it in his mouth.

Zhu Ao glanced at the clock on the low cabinet, and then at Ting Shuang, who was eating happily. His gaze immediately turned complicated. After watching Ting Shuang for a long time, he asked, “Have you had a physical examination? You’re only twenty-four years old.”

“I have had one.” Ting Shuang said, “I have one every year.”

Zhu Ao said, “There are no problems?”

Ting Shuang said, “No, all my indicators are very good.”

Ting Shuang was very healthy, but the problem was…

Zhu Ao looked at the small speaker on the table, his gaze becoming more and more complicated.

“Why do you ask?” Ting Shuang put a steamed vermicelli roll with vegetables in the bowl beside Zhu Ao’s hand. “Does our family have a history of any genetic disease?”

“No, no,” Zhu Ao said. “But you should start paying attention to your body in your early twenties. Don’t wait until you are in your thirties, when you might not even have the strength to do what you want to do.”

Voicing out his thoughts to this extent was enough. He could ask if his son has had a physical examination, but it was better not to know too much about the health of his daughter-in-law.

“Yes, yes, it’s never too early to pay attention to one’s health.” Ting Shuang agreed with a smile.

In the past, he was always unwilling to listen to whatever Zhu Ao lectured him about, thinking it was quite annoying. He always felt like a subordinate being lectured by his boss. Now he was quite happy, and spent most of the morning eating breakfast while accompanying Zhu Ao. When they had finished eating, Zhu Wenjia came downstairs, looking lacklustre.