Homophobic or homosexual?

Summary: "Straight guy worries he's homophobic to his gay roommate, realizes he's fallen in love with him. Plot twist: Turns out I don't have any problems with Alex kissing boys if it's me he's kissing."

Do you remember when this was trending? Well, let's make this Shiall.

Type: story (words: 1850)

NIALL'S POV.

Shawn and I have been roommates for a very long time. We had been roommates in high school and college and now we shared a flat.

Shawn came out to me when we were 16 and his expression to my reaction made me believe it was great. I never put much thought into it because it wasn't something to make a big deal out of.

But the hurt expression he made after one of my jokes, made me believe I did something wrong. So for the last three weeks, I was extremely worried he believed I was homophobic or acted too homophobic to him.

He avoided me which made me worry even more and hate myself for something I didn't know how to fix. That's why I was standing on the porch of Louis's and Harry's house for much-needed advice. After that my plan was to go to Camila's apartment and ask her If she knew what was going on.

"Hey mate, what are you doing here?" Harry had the usual smile on his face, pulling me into a hug and then into their house.

"I just need some advice man, cause I have no idea what is going on in my life right now." We sat on his couch and Louis joined us with three beers.

"Is it about your roommate?" Louis asked me, laying his head on Harry's lap smiling up at him. Damn, I want something like that with... haha what, no way.

"How do you know? And yes it's about him. You know how Shawn is bisexual, right? Well, what if he thinks I'm homophobic?" Louis just laughed lifting his legs and kicking the air. Harry looked at him seriously and decided to take mercy on me explaining what they were both thinking- or as I learned later, only a part of it.

"Cmon, you have two (definitely), not straight friends, you were the one that reacted the best to him coming out, you're his roommate year after year and you even share your food with him- which you don't do with anyone else. So my dear Irish fella I'm sure he doesn't think you are homophobic, not in the slightest."

This calmed me down a bit. Waiting for Louis to stop laughing and tell me his thought on all of this, I lifted my beer to my mouth, and I for sure didn't think of anyone.

"I mean cmon mate. You two have been friends forever, you are like Sam and Frodo. Why would you think that anyway?"

"Well, he has been avoiding me as much as he could, we didn't hang out since two months ago and he hasn't made eye contact with me in forever."

Louis looked at me like he was about to spill some tea about the royal family. Just as he opened his mouth, Harry smacked his crotch area and looked at him with a "don't you dare" look.

At that point, Louis's and Harry's toddler ran in and jumped on my lap. She wrapped her small arms around me and smiled up at me, both of us knowing what will follow.

"When is uncle Shawnie coming over?" She fluttered with her eyes like she was asking for candy someone told her not to get. I kissed her forehead forming an answer in my mind, not knowing what to say. I just whispered a soon before she pulled me into another room to play something with her.

"I think you and uncle Shawnie should get married." To be honest she freaked the hell out of me for no reason. I was saved by Ethan crying loudly. The little toddler stood up and ran to his room.