Grandpa was right too

Granny was right: part two (1.600 words)

NIALL'S POV:

"Hey grandpa," I said as I stepped into his room. It reminded me of my dorm room."Hello bud, how ya doin?

"I am great, grandpa, I think right now it is more important how you are." I looked at him lifting one eyebrow. He had surgery a month ago just before he went to the nursing home.

My parents weren't visiting him because of something not even important and my brother was too far away.

"I am great bud" he sat down and then continued: "you won't believe who lives down the hall".

I was thinking of every possible person that could live down the hall but came out with none.

"Nora"

"Like the Nora? F*ck"

"Language"

Wow. I remembered my grandpa telling me all about her. She was (and still is) the love of his life.

Don't I feel sorry for my grandma? No, she knew all about Nora. And I knew my grandpa did love her, just not as much as he loved Nora.

"Wow, that is amazing. So how are we going to do this?" I asked as I felt adrenaline rush through me.

"Why did you think I told you? You should be the matchmaker here. I always tried to find ya someone"

"The someone you tried to find me was always tried to find me was either a hipster guy or a pick me girl, grandpa" I chuckled.

"Hey, you gave up after two dates" Two dates were more than enough to see what type my grandpa was going after. Either a weekly hookup or a one-night stand.

But I wanted to have a Nora. Not her of course but someone who would have a relationship like Nora and my grandpa had.

"Like her grandson," my grandpa said while searching for something.

"What?" Confusion was written all over my face. What was with her grandson?

"Ya said the last part out loud, bud. So let me be a matchmaker one last time and tell you to ask him out and marry him later on. Or ya can just skip on the latter part. I am sure you are meant to be or summat, bud."

He gave me a box and I stuffed it into my backpack with he started to read the newspaper- the end of our conversation for now.

And I made a mission to look for Noras grandson, my grandpa later told me his name is Shawn.

---

When I came home I opened the box and saw the cutest thing ever. I saw 365 letters written from my grandpa to Nora.

They started when their high school was over and ended one year after. I never knew why he didn't try to contact her after the accident.

He did, she just changed her address. I read through them, one after another.

When I was done it was already around midnight. I went to Instagram and searched for the Shawn dude. But I couldn't find him.

I made a Facebook account then searched for Nora after finding her surname in the letter pt. 261. In my luck, she was on Facebook and had a photo with Shawn (at least I thought so).

He was cute, but the first thing that stood out was the fact I had already seen him. Only once tho- at least from what I remember.

He was Louis's friend and I once saw him at the New Years party but didn't talk to him. I remembered him because he stood out to me back then but I didn't want my first impression I gave him to be drunk me.