golden lioness- daughter o'mine

People think of her as sweet, gentle and kind yet they do not truly see. She is ruthless at core, clever, deceptively hidden lioness behind long grass, waiting and toying with her prey. How could she ever be anything less, for the Great Lion to love her so? Perceptive as she is, it does not take her long to realise there is something different about her youngest. There is steel in her spine and a poise in her gait that no child barely out of infancy should have, no matter how much she tries to hide it. A babe, yet horrors hidden in the dark of her eyes, and the sharpness of her wit that frighten even her sometimes.

But Alysanne, Sansa, is her child, is her flesh and blood. And blood does not betray blood. She loves her daughter, no matter who or what she is. Yes, Joanna loves her daughter and sees what she can do. Realises that her little girl has the tear kingdoms apart. And like a good mother, and a woman of great ambition, she moulds her, teaches her everything she knows.

Sansa takes to her teachings as a Tully to the river. It is strange, at times, how an inexperienced daughter knows her teachings better than her, but she knows not to stop it. She is no ordinary child, no, she knows that ordinary children, like her Cersei, or Jaime do not take in knowledge about manipulations with a gleam of hunger in their eyes.

Tywin Lannister is Strength, and Joanna Lannister is the Intellect and like all children, Sansa Lannister will grow up to be so much more than the sum of her parents.

Her daughter sits on her lap as she braids the blood red strands in her golden hair to crown her face, and she tell her stories of court, of a tarnished name and how a Lannister girl of no great dowry was to be the Queen, until the prophecy and will of madmen tore that dream apart. She tells her of her worth and teaches her to mix truths and lies and bewitch anyone that glances upon her. To mix fear and adoration and make herself beloved. She teaches Sansa everything she had ever learnt, and Sansa, she hungers for more.

Joanna knows she has no true accomplishments to her name, nor a fortune of her own, nothing but when she leaves this world, she will be content because Alysanne Lannister will be her legacy.