Chapter 2: The Office Life

CHAPTER 2-

Louis's POV:

I walked outside the door of my house to find my lawn covered from sidewalk to driveway. I was really started to getting tired of this stuff.

"Louis, who is this girl?" one short woman asked while shoving a microphone in my face.

"When is the wedding?" a tall red-faced man questioned.

"How long have you been dating?" a woman said from a distance away.

I heard nothing but reporters screaming questions to see who could be heard.

"No comment," I said as I guided Lauren to her White Mini-Cooper.

I was suddenly enveloped in a sea of cameras flashing. I elbowed my way through to help her finally reach her car.

"Good luck today. I know you're going to do great. I really hope that you get the job. You deserve it. I love you," I said as my lips locked with Lauren's for a moment.

"I love you too. I'll text you what happens," she said as I shut the car door. I watched as her car drove off into the distance.

Lauren's POV:

I was so nervous. I couldn't believe that I was even given this opportunity. I had waited a few months for Cecilia Bancroft (the owner of Vows) to respond to my messages. I almost was starting to lose hope that I'd ever work there. I finally pulled in front of the exquisite building. I walked up the never-ending stairs to only see the demanding handle of the door knocker. Once I was inside, I went and sat down in the waiting area.

"Lauren, Mrs. Bancroft is ready for you in her office," her secretary said smiling down at me.

I wiped my sweaty palms on my suit as I walked straight for Mrs. Bancroft's office. I sat in the well stuffed chairs of her office. I nervously twisted and turned the over-sized pearls around my neck.

"Hello, Lauren. How are you?" a tall woman asked as she entered into room.

"Hello, sorry, but who are you?" I questioned as I raised one eyebrow.

"Oh, sorry. I don't know what happened to my manners. I'm Cecilia Bancroft. The owner of Vows. It's very nice to meet you," she said as she sat down in her over-sized office chair.

"I just wanted to say that over all I'm proud to even have made it this far in my career. I've been told that you and your staff are part of what make dreams come true. I just want to be some small part of that," I said more quietly at the end.

"That is exactly what I need in my office. Welcome to Vows, Lauren," Cecilia said with a smile on her face.

"Really? Thank you! I won't let you down," I said as I stood up to leave.

Cecilia shook my hand and I left to go home. Once I was outside, I immediately called Louis to tell him the great news.

Louis's POV:

"That's great news, babe!" I said as I walked to my car. I had my own job to get to.

I finally arrived at the studios. Liam, Zayn, Niall, and Harry were already there. I walked up to Liam.

"Hey, mate. how's it going with Lauren?" Liam asked as I checked my phone. Lauren had texted me.

Lauren: Hey babe!;)

Me: Hey honey! I'm so proud of u!

Lauren:  Thnx! Do u want 2 get some lunch?

Me: Sure!!:)

Lauren: K! C u later!!

"I guess it's going well?!" Liam said as he raised one eyebrow.

"Yeah. It's amazing! She went to her job interview today. She got the job!"

"Aye! That's great, man!"

"Yeah. I'm really proud of her," I actually really was. She deserved to have this job. I had a job that I loved. She deserved the exact same thing.

I headed inside to record my third album with my best friends.