Chapter 1: Sweet Mornings

The Beauty and the Band Mate

CHAPTER 1-

Lauren's POV:

I woke as sun rays streaked across my face. I shifted in my bed to see Louis's sleepy eyes greeting me.

 "Good morning babe.." he said in his gravely, sleepy voice as his muscular arms wrapped around me.

I was immediately welcomed by the smell of lemon. Louis's signature scent. Louis kissed my forehead as my face was buried in Louis's soft, knit shirt. Nowadays this is what my mornings consisted of. Louis's delicate fingers grazed my face as he guided my brown, wavy locks from my face. His bubble gum lips spread across his face to form a comforting smile. I thought to myself as my eyes locked with his Caribbean blue ones. How did I get so lucky to have a man in my life that loved me so much? I loved how every morning I could always wake up knowing that Louis would be there.

He just laid there with a sign of love covering his face. Louis's lips locked with mine as my fingers intertwined behind his neck. My fingers slid from tip to tip of his flowing hair. He looked deeply into my eyes with my forehead next his. I finally felt at home.

I could spend all day under his layer of protection. It wasn't an option today. I had an interview today that would change my life forever. Someday I would plan mine and Louis's. Ever since I was a little girl I'd wanted to work to work at Vows. Vows was the most upscale wedding planning business in all of New York City. I tore away from Louis's warm embrace. I fumbled through my closet to find my two best suits. One was red and the other was a deep teal.

"Wear the blue one. It makes your eyes look stunning," Louis said with his head face down in the mountain of pillows.

I looked at him stunned at how well he knew me.

"Don't look at me like that," he said with his head still covered.

I got dressed and was ready to leave. Louis turned to me with this look as if he didn't want me to leave.

"You know that you don't have to go to your interview. I'm more than qualified to take care of you," Louis said while smiling up at me.

"I know but this is my dream, Louis," I said back and I kissed the top of his head.

After I had my hair fixed and my makeup was on, I walked down our spiraling staircase to make me and Louis breakfast. I reached for the eyes on the top shelf of the refrigerator. On the very top of my feet, I stumbled back to only be caught big Louis's arms wrapped around my waist. I cheerfully kissed his adorable lips. He just stood there looking at me for a minute or two. I playfully tossed some water at Louis. He gasped.

"What was that for?!" Louis said with his mouth wide open.

"You just looked like you needed some cooling off," I said as I raised one of my eyebrows. Louis opened his arms motioning for a hug.

"Umm. Maybe later," I said as his smile faded.  I gently kissed his silky soft lips, and I smiled in joy. He was absolutely the one for me. Louis was my life; my world. He was sometimes the reason that I got up in the morning. I had already almost lost him once and I was never going to let him go again.

 Louis's POV:

I watched as Lauren made our breakfast. She was the best when it came to cooking. She spent most of her time in the kitchen making new dishes for me to test. I don't see why she had that interview today. She knew that she could have anything that she wanted. I was supposed to provide for our family, but she wanted to do this on her own. I admired her for that. Lauren is everything that I've ever wanted. I just can't believe that she stayed around after I became famous. I already warned her that being with me would put an end to her privacy and she told me that she loved me enough to stay.

After we ate breakfast, I walked Lauren to the door.

"Good luck today. I know you'll do great," I said as I kissed her goodbye.

She grabbed her brief case and was headed out the door to find an unexpected visitor on my front porch..