teach me how : pt 2

I recovered, and I could finally walk by myself. I wanted to go and confess to sanemi about how he has been treating me. Anger built up inside me, how could he just leave me like that? I stormed to his room in the butterfly mansion, greeting kanao and aoi on the way. I opened the door, to see nothing. He probably already went to his estate, stubborn, I walked all the way to his estate getting directions from tengen beforehand. I knocked on the door, and waited. Finally he opened the door,

" ah.. giyuu. Look- "

" You didn't reply to any of my letters, you used me didn't you? You said we're only comrades. Though you used my body for your pleasures, you never gave all you are is take. "

" Giyuu, calm down. Listen to me just once. "

" Seriously? You're not even taking my feelings into consideration. "

" I can't read or write. "

ah.. that's right. How did I forget? Was I so caught up in trying to make our friendship more? Most likely.. embarrassing. I can't believe I got so worked up.

" oh right.. I'm sorry I got so worked up- I just really wanted some company. "

He took a step closer, and pulled me into his embrace. Oh, how much I missed his warmth. I smiled, and wrapped my arms around his waist. Hopefully, I can fill up that void in me. Hopefully. We sat outside on his porch, and I taught him the basics of writing and reading. It took him longer than I expected for someone like him. But, anything for sanemi.

[ two days later ]

I woke up in sanemi's bed, his hair was messy and it looked like a spiky ball. Though, he looked peaceful. I stroked his hair, and gave him a peck on the forehead. I got up, and decided to go make something for sanemi since it's breakfast. The first thing that came to my mind was takiyaki. ( A fish shaped bread, filled with sweet cream! You should try it yourself, it tastes AMAZING. ) I started cooking and felt someone hug me from behind, touching my ass. " Sanemi, don't touch my ass! I'm trying to cook. " He groaned, and hugged my waist and laid his head on my shoulder. " What are you cooking? " He sounded like he was still asleep, adorable. I told him I was making takiyaki, and he didn't seem to pleased. Maybe he doesn't like sweet things?

" Do you not like it? "

" I do, it's just.. forget it. "

Maybe it reminded him of genya, he did die after all. I felt a little down, so after I was done cooking I decided to make him something out of the flowers outside. I let him finish eating, and while he did I made him a few things with the flowers outside. Tanjiro taught me how to make a flower crown when he tried persuading me to train lower ranked corps members to prepare for the final battle. Hm.. so you weave this through here, and put the rest in here, I thought. It's harder than it looks, my first few tries looked nothing like how tanjiro made it. Actually, maybe I should visit tanjiro and his friends one day. I hope he's doing well, he did have some fatal injuries. I felt someone poke my back, I flinched. I was so caught up that I didn't notice sanemi calling out my name. I turned around, the sunlight lit up his eyes and bathed him in the comfortable warmth. His eyes sparkled, and left me in awe.

" Giyuu? Hello? "

" Ah! Yes? "

" I saved a takiyaki for you. "

" No, it's fine you can eat it! "

We sat on the porch, and just as he was about to take a bite, I smashed it into his face and laughed. Playfully, he chased me. Though, unfortunately, I tripped on a rock. Landed face first into the ground that was warmed by the sun, I got some scratches here and there, but I was fine. I laughed about it, and made fun of myself. Sanemi, was genuinely worried and he kept stroking my face gently where there was minor injuries. Maybe I will find happiness in this world, I just hope I don't jinx it.

××××

author's note!!

hi, I literally wrote this in a span of 20 minutes. So it may be a little messy and disorganized!! I promise I'll do better tomorrow, I'm very tired and It's hard with school blocking my way. Forgive me please!! Sorry it's cringy, and really bad. It's my first story that I'm actually publishing. I hope I improve from this. I better improve.. 🤬🤬

word count: 779