Chapter 4-Vengeance

3 September 2017
Somewhere in Australia
**** hours_

I'm running. I can't stop. I need to get out of here. Away from my friends and family. If he wants me, I won't let him take them away too. I managed to grab my stuff and escape without being seen. The guards and police were too busy at the crime scene. I left my experimental rifle in Jo's room if they need to use it.
Its currently raining in torrents now. Luckily, I packed my waterproof parka. I don't know what time it is because my watch ran out of battery. Just my luck. Its pitch black darkness with the addition of heavy rain. I need to stop somewhere. If I remember correctly,there is a bus station on the way to the sniper range.
I keep walking until I spot it and take shelter there. While I wait for the rain to stop, I ponder over the attempted assassinations. Why were they coming for me? Why do they want me dead? And the million-dollar question, Who is he ?
I check on my rifle. It seems to be still functioning. That's great. I devour the granola bars I packed. Need to get my hunger and thirst up so I don't have an additional problem.
The rain stops after what I think is about 2 hours. I continue walking. It's still dark as night. I'm guessing its about 2am in the morning? I keep pushing forward.
I keep walking for several hours. Theories begin forming in my head. Sadly,none of them lead to anywhere. I finally reach the sniper range.
Mrs Lyn is no where to be seen. Shit. The door is hanging on its hinges. I approach the front door. Being very careful of traps and the other hooligans that attacked me, I strafe in stealthily. I made sure I locked and loaded my gun. Nothing. I keep walking. Everything seems okay. Must have been a robbery.
Suddenly, I slip and fall on some sort of liquid. I sniff the air. Its blood. Oh God. Its a puddle of blood. There's a trail of it. It leads to the back office.
I follow the trail and look in the office. I fall to my knees. A body of a woman is nailed to the office chair with a large note above her. Mrs Lyn is dead. My heart beat is speeding up. I have hardly any control on my hands. I'm experiencing an anxiety attack. I sit on the floor and curl into a ball. I'm balling my eyes out. How can they be so merciless? They tortured her and murdered her in her own office. I stay in that position for a long time. Everyone I come in contact is a target. I take the note off the wall;

I am coming. Enjoy your little friend.

Now, I don't feel sad. I feel my arms tense up and I grit my teeth. I will find her killer. Whatever it takes.
I try to make it back out but trip on a bright blue wrapped object. I unwrap the little package and find an archery set. There is a note tied to it;

Zack,
Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoy this little gift. You probably passed your test by then. Congratulations!
From, Mrs Lyn

I receive a text from Steph shortly after. I know its not them because I turned off my mobile phone and switched it to secure line. That means I can only get in contact with selected contacts. The text is in code. A code that only both of us knew how to decipher.

PFARRAINSCE.WMIELELT
YTOHUER.E

I know where to go. The only place I know where an old friend lives, Paige Brooke.