eighteen

real life

sophia got in her car and drove to masons house, head full with thoughts. she didn't know what to say to him, but she had thought about what tammy said. he was one of masons best friends, so he probably knew him the best out of a lot of people, so she trusted what he told her.

she hadn't given mason any warning that she was coming, so he was taken by surprise when he opened the front door to see his best friend, or the girl he hadn't spoken to for weeks, at his door.

'urm hi?' mason said, confused.

'can we talk?' soph asked, biting the inside of her lip.

'y-yeah of course, come in.'

they both sat down on the sofa and sophia sat in the corner, tossing a blanket that she found over her legs, to keep her warm. there was an uncomforting silence between the both of them. neither knew what to say. sophia picked at her nails, while mason bounced his leg up and down, elbows resting on his thighs.

'i think you have some explaining to do.' sophia finally broke the awkward silence.

'we both do.'

sophia hummed in response, agreeing; avoiding eye contact with the footballer.

'okay. you first.' sophia said.

'right. i'm sorry. i'm so sorry, for everything i said. i've been an absolute dick. i had no right to speak to you like that at all, and i shouldn't have ignored you after.. well.. after.. you know, and i should've talked to you about it. i'm sorry for being annoyed at you when you started talking to harrison and trying to control you and tell you you who you can and can't speak to. it's your life, not mine and i just want you to be happy. so if your happy with him, then i'm happ-'

'we ended things.' sophia interrupted, bluntly.

'what? when?'

'about an hour ago.'

'oh. any reason why?' he asked.

'he knew. he knew i was in love with you. he could see it. apparently we belong together.' she still hadn't looked at mason, keeping her eyes on the blanket. she was starting to tear up, and she didn't want him to see her like that, even if he had seen her at her worst.

'look at me.' he told her. 'are you actually in love with me?'

she looked up at him and nodded her head, tears still threatening to spill down her face.

there was another silence. but this time, it was almost suspenseful. she had no idea what his next words would be. they could be good, they could be bad.

'come here darlin.' mason called her over to the other side of the sofa. she shuffled over to the other side of the sofa and he pulled her onto his lap, her legs thrown over one side of him.

'i'm so in love with you too. i have been basically since the day we met. i always have been, and i never stopped.' he told her, his hand brushing through her hair softly. 'kiss me?'

she smiled and kissed him. it was soft, much different from the last kiss they shared; it was more careful and delicate, and felt like it truly meant something. they pulled away and stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds before mason spoke up.

'okay.. there's one more thing.' he said.

'what is it?'

'be mine?'

♡︎

it's kinda short and sweet i guess:)