Chapter 3

Early the next morning as the sun was just starting to rise, Kali was already up and dressed while the other Akids groaned sitting up in bed after they heard her moving around the room. 

"What are you doing?" Ann asked her sister, still a little groggy. 

"Going out for a walk" The lead adventure girl replied before asking. "Want to join me?" 

"Okay" Brock smiled, getting out of bed along with his twin sister. 

David groaned, complaining. "Can't we at least sleep until 12?"

"Hey, carpe diem" Kali reminded her friends how they did things around here before pulling the covers off David. 

A few minutes later, the Akids were out walking alongside the beach. They were all really enjoying themselves, feeling the salty breeze. 

Teeders sighed. "This is nice" 

"Nothing beats an early morning walk on the beach" Kali smiled. 

Brock then had an idea. "Hey! Can we take the yacht out later to go water skiing?!" 

"Oh, no! No, no, no!" Cynthia immediately gave a warning glare to the younger more immature adventure boy. "You are not driving this time! Not after last time what you did" 

The gang was about to turn around and head back when Ann suddenly tripped and fell face-first onto the sand. 

"Ann, are you okay?" Teeders asked, coming to help her up. 

"Yeah, I'm alright" Ann replied, dusting the sand off herself. "But I tripped on something"

The gang looked to see a piece of rope wrapped around Ann's leg, then noticed a trail of rope line leading down the beach. 

"Huh. Now who would leave this out here?" David wondered, knowing it wasn't right to leave stuff on the beach. Someone could get hurt. 

"Hold on!" Kali spoke up, as something up ahead had caught her attention. 

The Akids looked to where Kali was looking and squinted their eyes. Up ahead not far from them, there appeared to be something beached along in the water. It looked like some sort of porpoise. 

"Holy smokes!" Kali's eyes widened before the Akids rushed over towards the strange object. 

Once they got close enough for a better look they gasped, being stunned at the sight. The creature was clearly identified to be a Bottlenose Dolphin. It was pretty small, could've been just a baby. The calf was shown to be all tangled up in the ropes of an old crab trap. Its injuries were severe but it was very much alive. 

"Oh, you poor thing" Ann frowned sadly, kneeling down and touched the dolphin's head. 

"I wonder where its pod is" David said. 

The kids looked out towards the ocean hoping to spot the baby dolphin's family nearby, but the pod was nowhere in sight. The kids frowned looking back at the dolphin calf as the situation looked dire. 

Just then, the kids saw a fisherman approach them after seeing the dolphin in distress as well. 

"Any of you kids got a phone I could use?" He asked them. 

"I left my phone back at the house" Cynthia replied. 

"Me too" Teeders added. 

"What do we do?" Brock frowned in worry. 

The fisherman then noticed a boy riding by on a bike along the trail. 

"Hey! Hey, kid!" He called out.