Chapter 10: Wolfsbane Potion - part two

I know it has been a while since I have last uploaded, but my exams are now over and I will be updating this story A LOT more often!  I'm sorry if this chapter isn't brilliant, it's longer than usual and I promise the next one will be much better!

Remus’ P.O.V

I appeared in the front garden of a familiar house named, The Burrow which belonged to the Weasley family.  Through the window I could see a child bobbing up and down.  It was one of Mr and Mrs Wealsey’s children with their famous coloured hair, but attention was quickly diverted.  The dark wild hair of Sirius blew slightly in the wind from around the corner of the shed.

“…I don’t need this,” he hissed to someone out of sight.  I had seen Padfoot angry before, and this was as close as it got.  I pondered for a moment, wondering if I should be the one to interrupt.

“I’m afraid you haven’t got a choice, Black,” an annoyed hushed man replied out of sight.  I tried to put my finger on the voice, matching it to a range of faces.

I had to show myself, I couldn’t stand there earwigging over their conversation, no matter how much I wanted to know what they were jabbering on about.

“Padfoot!” I called out.  Sirius turned around and his frown instantly turned into a smile for his friend.

“There’s no meeting today, Moony, but we are all here anyways.  The women are in there having a good chinwag,” he said pointing to the house.  I searched his eyes for anything that would tell me what he had been arguing about, for any signs of worry.  There was nothing.

A cough came from behind him, revealing Frank Longbottom, another loyal member of the Order of the Phoenix.  His voice rang alarm bells in my mind, matching him to the voice Sirius had been arguing with.

I acknowledged him with a nod.  We were all friends here, all fighting for the same cause.

“Alice is inside with Neville, if you’d like to see him,” Frank said.  I knew he and his wife had recently had a son, but I held no real love for children.

“I’d love to, but if there is no meeting, then I must get going,” I went to turn around so I could leave again.  I just wanted to get back to Brie and spend some time with her.  She didn’t really see me because of these meetings; I didn’t want to stay as the stranger.  I had been so busy lately, I feared going home and finding the apartment empty and with no indication of her new location.  So far, she’d been home every time.  It killed me to know that she was lying in the room just next to me, sleeping, when I got home.

“Whoa, where do you think you’re going?” Sirius asked suspiciously putting me on the spot.  Something had definitely made him mad today.

I had to think quickly so no secrets got exposed.  “I have something I need to do,” I quickly rushed, “But I can stay if you want me to.”

Please don’t ask me to stay; I needed to tell my mind to shut up.  I barely knew Brie and yet she was occasionally invading my thoughts and actions.

My friends grey eyes watched me carefully, making me panic inside.

“And do what?” he asked again.  Whatever he and Frank had been arguing about had set him on edge.  Frank was watching us closely.

“Something relating to the ‘furry little problem’,” I said, choosing each word carefully.  ‘Furry little problem’ was the nickname that James and Sirius came up for the werewolf issues at school, a code word for my problem that only our four friends knew about.

Sirius’ face instantly softened, all suspicion washed away.  “Alright, see you later,” everything was forgotten and he turned away from Frank, throwing an evil glance in his direction.  I breathed a sigh of relief and disapparated on the spot.