Chapter 4

Okay, he's crazy. I stared at him wide eyed for a good minute before spotting the image of a door in the corner of my eye. I wasted no time and hurriedly rushed to open it before finding that it was locked. "Um I really should go" I managed to whisper out.

I turned around frantically to see him sat in the same position on the chair and just staring at me. He said nothing.
"Please... I... My parent's... They'll be worried". I was on the verge of tears but I couldn't let them fall. I wouldn't.

"I'm sorry" Matt said in a low voice that caused the hairs on my arms to stand on end. I gave him a questioning look before rattling the door handle again and pounding on the dried, old wood. I turned around again and gave him a pleading look. I had to get out.

"I can't let you go" he gently said shaking his head slightly and drawing his eyebrows together into a tender expression. Following this he stood up from his seat and took three paces towards me-not quite closing the gap between us but close enough. "I need you Tamara. We all need you. We can't let you go... Not yet." he went on.

"What so you're just gonna keep me here?! Against my will?! You know they have a word for that!". The tears I had struggled so hard to restrict tumbled down my face in floods.

Matt took another step towards me and my head started banging again and I brought my hands up to my head again. As if he knew, he retreated his previous step and the ache in my mind faded away.

We stood in silence.

Matt was the first to break it; "You get bad headaches... Since you first knew of me... Am I right?"

Dumbfounded I just stared. He must have read my face as he gave a knowing look followed with a sympathetic one. "I have something that will stop those, if, you know, you... want it?".

"Why should I trust you?" I choked out, "I'm terrified".

"I know you are" he replied, "but this medicine will help for now-I can give you a pill that will stop them". As he spoke he slowly retrieved a small box from his pocket and slid out from it a small green tablet. At the site of it I shook my head. "Look, Tamara, I can't help you unless you're willing".

"Why should I be willing?" I practically shouted back.

After giving me a long hard stare he finally gave me a reply; "If you take this pill, I can tell you everything".