36-The Passenger.

"Your water, Ma'am

"Your water, Ma'am." The airhostess said, diverting my gaze from the one next to me to her.

"Oh, thank you." I said, forcing a smile as I took the bottle from her before I shove my eyes back to him. "Now explain! Why do I have to see your face? You lied saying that you were quitting?"

He sighed, rolling his eyes. He shifted in his seat to be facing me while moving closer to be able to talk in a low voice because almost everyone around us was sleeping, unless some of them were woken up by me yelling earlier.

"Your brain is really thick. Anyways, as I said, I already resigned but my company refused to let go of me. Of course, because I'm their ace." He said with a cocky smirk before resuming. "I was already done with the first stage so I left the remaining work to Minho and stepped aside. Let's say I was just having a break. Then one of the highers called me days ago and we had a long ass meeting on why I should rejoin this project and blah blah blah, ended with me being here today. Is that enough explanation to you?"

"Did Minho know all of that?"

"Of course! Besides being my best friend, we work together." He shrugged.

"That little shit! And he didn't warn me." I said under my breath.

"I can hear you, by the way. I'm right here."

"Whatever." I snapped, shoving my head in the other direction while mentally cursing.

"Why di-" He started a sentence, making me look at him again but the words were left there hanging.

"What?"

"Umm," He mumbled while rubbing his nape. "Nothing. Never mind."

I was looking at him with furrowed brows and scrunched face. He was glancing at me awkwardly from the corner of his eyes. His look was odd. Not the usual mix of anger and disgust. I shook my head, trying to brush off the thought that he was really sitting next to me.

I won't deny. I felt a slight of relief when he told me that he didn't actually quit for good. The guilt that was weighing my shoulders dropped right away. At least, I didn't really blow his career up. But that doesn't make any difference in how I was feeling uncomfortable that I would be meeting him on regular basis from now on. I'm still standing where I hated seeing his face that he didn't deserve to have with that personality of his.

"You know you look more like a human now." He interrupted my train of thoughts, making me sigh audibly.

"What was I before? A zebra?"

He giggled lightly at my answer which was the first time for me to witness something like that coming out from him. He quickly cleared his throat and maintained the solid face again. "No. You looked like a black witch clicking the floors with your noisy heels."

"Okay," I sat upright and turned a little to face him. "What is wrong with you, people? What do you have against my heels?"

"It's just odd that you are always dressed up in fancy classic."