The Woods

I got to go home with Sean the following week and as far as I was concerned, the other boys went home safe and healthy too.

Sean and I promised not to make any more hospital visits in the near future mostly because they were just plain scary and also because our aunt told us that she refuses to pay any more bills for our stupidity.

Let's just say our pact didn't last long.

When we were sitting on the couch the day I had gotten home, we started laughing over the time we were playing football catch with mommy and I had popped the ball and Sean and mom had tackled me and tickled me.

"Mom would have loved to hear this again." I said.
"Yeah probably." He said back.

"I bet remembering these fun times we had, are what will make her want to come back for good." I tried to make him hope. He shook his head slightly.

"What have I told you about talking about her coming home?" He started. "Its not gonna happen so stop talking about it."

I instantly snapped into defensive mode. "Well you never--" he cut me off with, "No just stop!"

"But--"

"But nothing! She hates us! She's tired of us! She's never ever coming back! She hates you! She hates me! Drop it now!" He snapped. Tears flooded over my eyes.

A feeling of hatred and unwantedness filled me and I wanted to scream and cry but instead, I ran out the front door.

Usually, I'd just run over to Serena's house but I didn't know how she was coping with the whole incident so I didn't bother. Same with Hunter and Brad.

The only other place to go was into the woods. The woods where nobody dare go. The woods where everything is still and silent until suddenly something grabs you from behind, drags you to an unknown location, tortures you with unnamed tools, and finally ends it all.......or at least that's what I've heard.

Honestly, I just didn't care now. All I cared about now was getting away from Sean's negativity. Even more so now that he was calling my name from behind.

The woods were just north of our house. I had the last chance of going north or running back into the safety of Sean's arms.

I ran north.