29 Love, Loss, and Legacy

Three days has passed and now it's two days down. Two days and its Alec's wedding. Everyday minute my heart grows heavier and heavier. Even pouring myself into work did not help at all.

Jace and I confided with each other. It seems like we're the only one who understand one another. We're thinking of opening a club with mantra saying Misery Loves Company.

I'm in the Ops, trying to narrow down the warlocks who can wake Jocelyn up. Izzy is busy helping out with the wedding, so I took this task off her hands and as usual London's still in contact with Lei regarding the Classified Case.

"How are we supposed to get any work done with all this going on?" I heard Jace asked in annoyance as he entered the Ops.

Izzy has been ordering people around for Alec's wedding, that's why wedding personnel are scattered around the Institute. Way to mentally stab my heart with a brick.

Could this day get any worse?

Izzy sighs "We haven't had a wedding here in years. People are allowed to be excited."

"We need to focused." Jace points out as he walked towards me "Have you narrowed down the list of warlocks more powerful than Magnus Bane?" Jace asked as he approached my desk.

I send the file to the main monitor before I stood up and to show them, they follow me.

"I've got it down to 20. It's hard figuring out which one cast that spell on Jocelyn. I've been tracing her footsteps before and after she went into hiding, and by that very statement, the idea was to hide, which makes this a lot harder." I explain, showing them faces of warlocks.

"I don't care how tough it is, we've got to find him." Jace exclaims, crossing his arms "Back at Renwick's, I let Valentine go. I won't make that mistake again. We gotta wake up Jocelyn in case she heard anything about his plan."

"I know, I'm on it." I said.

"Have you guys spoken to Alec?" Izzy asked us both.

She and Magnus have been pushing me about talking to Alec for days, it's getting into my nerves.

"Is he dying?" I asked, pretending to be terrified.

Izzy gave me a confused look "What? No..."

"Well, then ring me when he does." I said, sarcastically. Jace shook his head in amusement with me.

"He's probably busy, what with wedding plans and all. So, he doesn't have time for a talk. Just let Maddie and I stick to the mission, okay?" Jace exhaust before walking away. I went back to my desk, leaving Izzy.

I returned to what I was doing when my phone beeped.

☆꧁✬◦°˚°◦.◦°˚°◦✬꧂☆

"Mags?" I yelled around the lair when I was open by the door magically "Where are you? You said you have information?"

"Nice to see you, Mooncup." he greeted me from behind which made startled a little. He then snaps his finger and a glass of wine appeared between my fingers "You know how I hate to drink alone."

"I can't drink, I'm still on duty." I said as I put the glass down "You said you have information-"

"On the warlock who cast a spell on Jocelyn?" he interrupts me "I'm still looking into it."

"Then why did you call me here?"

"Alexander."

"You're really not going to stop are you?" I scoffed, turning my back on him "Why are you pushing this? Why do you care?"