18. SHIELD

|ꜱᴏʟᴀʀɪꜱ |

。・:*:・゚★ 。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★ 。・:*:・゚☆

"Oh my god." Coulson whispered in awe as Steve boarded the jet. I've seen Coulson excited but never like this. "You know when Nat said you'd go nuts I didn't think she'd be telling the truth."

"It's Steve Rogers." Coulson exclaimed as the two of us proceeded to the jet. "Captain America. I have the entire baseball card collection. And the action figures!"

"You mean the toys?" I saw them once when Coulson had me over for dinner. I didn't expect to see that much Steve of anything in his house. He has his own personal little shelf filled with that stuff.

"Action figures." He strongly corrected me. Before we stepped on the jet he paused and looked down at himself, smoothing out his suit. "I look okay right?"

Oh my god Nat was totally right. I rolled my eyes playfully and fixed up his tie. "You look great." I motioned him off. "Now go get him, lover boy. I'll fly to the base."

Coulson stuttered. "I am not. Hmp. You can't fly to base." I groaned. "Why not? You're flying."

"On the Quinjet."

"What difference does it make?" Coulson shook his head and marched me inside. "We don't want them shooting you out of the sky." I guess he does have a point. Although if they did that, I would send the missile back to them.

Steve is sitting down with a tablet, watching the footage of the Hulk's attack on the Army at Culver University. I plopped in the seat next to him, pointing at Hulk with my index finger, "And I thought Midgard was more domestic than my planet."

"Amazing, no?" Coulson questioned as he walked over. Steve nodded at him. "Yeah, it is." Steve looked down at the tablet. "So, this Doctor Banner was trying to replicate the serum that was used on me?" Steve asked, looking back at the video of Dr. Banner as his alter ego, the hulk.

Right, the super soldier serum. Fury explained what it was. Apparently, Steve was a scrawny kid (his words not mine) and this super soldier serum was created to create super soldiers to win the war. Steve was the first and last one.

Coulson nodded. "A lot of people were. You were the world's first superhero. Banner thought gamma radiation might hold the key to unlocking Erskine's original formula."

"Didn't really go his way, did it?" Steve questioned as he finished watching the video.

"Not so much. When he's not that thing though, guys like Stephen Hawking." Steve and I both looked at him confused. I might have been on earth for about a while now, but I didn't understand all the references yet. Like that one.

"He's like a smart person." Coulson said putting it in simpler terms for us. "I gotta say, it's an honor to meet you, officially." Steve smiles at Coulson.