Stay

"She's tachycardic! Push one of epi, STAT!"

"No, no,"

"Hang on, Y/N, I'm going to do everything in my power to help you. Just keep holding on, okay?"

"You're gonna be okay, alright? You're gonna be okay. You're gonna pull through this,"

"Why would you do that? How could you be so stupid? Why did you do that?" She yelled.

"Just doing... my job..." You managed to get out.

Eventually the voices around you began to fade out as you succumbed to unconsciousness.

As you felt yourself slipping away, the only thing on your mind was the woman you loved; Natasha Romanoff.

~12 hours earlier~

"Are you ready to go home soon?" You asked.

"Kinda," she replied honestly. "Don't get me wrong, I love the team and all, but it is nice to get away sometimes,"

You shrugged,

"Yeah, I guess,"

She smiled, then walked closer to you, putting an arm around your shoulder.

"It is nice getting away with you, though,"

You grinned, feeling your cheeks heat up.

"I like getting away with you too, Nat,"

She smirked, squeezing your shoulder,

"Then it's a good thing we still have a day left,"

You could feel your heart-rate increasing as your cheeks got even redder.

Her smirk turned into a soft smile before she pulled away and went to the bathroom to change.

You sighed, thinking about your hopeless crush on her. You had been an Avenger for three years, friends with Natasha for two, and in love with her for one.

You never imagined that you would fall for the Black Widow, but now you couldn't imagine your life without her.

-

"So... there's a mission Fury assigned me to," she said, leaning back against the couch. "It's in France, and he said it could last anywhere from a year or two,"

"What?" You sat straight up. "No! That's too long!"

"I know. It's a no-contact mission too,"

"That's such bullshit. You can't accept that mission, Natty,"

"He assigned me, Y/N, there's nothing I can do unless someone else volunteers to take the mission instead,"

You stared at her, suddenly feeling very defeated.

"No..." you whispered as your eyes began to pool with tears.

You looked at Natasha, who held her tongue at the roof of her mouth so she wouldn't cry. You leaned in and wrapped your arms around her tightly, letting out quiet sobs into her neck.

As she held you in her arms, the only thing running through her mind was that she had no idea how the hell she would survive being away from you for that long.

-

After two days of crying, and resisting the urge to scream at Fury, you heard a knock on your door.

"Come in!" You called. The door opened to reveal none other than your favorite redhead, who had the biggest smile on her face.

"Hey," she said, sitting on your bed.