Chapter 25

Chapter 25: Soulmates

My eyes fluttered open, but I immediately shut them again. My head was pounding. I groaned. It felt as if my brain was trying to break out of my skull. My mouth was dry, and my breath tasted funny, stale. I groaned and pulled the duvet over my head, only to have it gingerly ripped away again.

"You ok?" Caspian sat next to me. He was wearing a white T-shirt with a grey shark on it, its large teeth ready to eat me up.

"Caspian?" I tried to sit up.

"I'm glad to see you remember my name," he chuckled.

"What happened?" I rubbed my eyes.

"It's better if you don't remember." He handed me a glass of water and an Aspirin.

I popped the tablet into my mouth and waited for it to work. "What did I do?" I moaned, recollections of dancing on a stage making their way into my mind. "I don't even remember having any alcohol." I tried to recall what I had consumed, but the only thing I could remember was a cherry soda.

"Is there alcohol in cherry soda?" I asked Caspian.

"Maddie, it's a soda." He took the empty crystal glass out of my hand.

"I didn't drink," I tried to convince him.

"I didn't think you did," he replied. The sun streamed in through the windows, making him look like a Greek god.

"He spiked my drink?" I asked.

"Probably," Caspian confirmed. "But who was he?"

"Why? Were you jealous?" I enquired, trying to read his expression. I expected him to outright deny his jealousy.

"Of course I was." His blue eyes met my brown ones. "The girl I love was all over some dude who, might I add, was an absolute..." his voice trailed off. I was grateful I didn't have to hear him cuss.

"It was a double date. Chrissie..." I stopped. "Is Chrissie ok?" I asked, not remembering if she had left with Caspian and me.

"She called," Caspian explained. "I told her you were safe with me."

"Did she argue with you?" I enquired.

"I didn't give her a chance. I cut the call after I had said my bit."

Chrissie was safe enough to phone me, that was enough for now. I hoped that after last night, Chrissie would think twice about throwing herself at the first guy she saw. Especially if the guy was significantly older than her.

My migraine was beginning to subside, and I was able to take in my surroundings. The room was painted black, which was weird even for a boy's room. It was spacious, with enough place for a wooden desk, two pedestals and a large steel cupboard. The bed was massive: it looked like it could fit about five people.