Chapter 23

Chapter 23: Ice Skating

"I can't ice skate," I told Levi as he helped me lace up my hired boots.

"But I can," he winked.

I looked at Chrissie, who looked out of place in her evening gown. Everyone else was dressed in jeans, myself included. If Shawn really cared he should have changed the plans to accommodate her, but he hadn't and right now I didn't know what to make of him.

"We should have told her what we were doing," he voiced, noticing where my eyes were.

I didn't argue with him or agree with him. I stood up and immediately lost my footing. Levi rested his hands on my waist to prevent me from stumbling again. His hands were warm on my bare skin. He helped me navigate my way towards the ice rink. It was amazing that he could walk with these blades attached to his feet.

The ice we skated on had a diamond glow, making it look more precious than just plain old frozen water. This frozen landscape was the kind of thing one would expect to see in a movie. Winter was portrayed as breathtakingly beautiful, instead of severe, cold and harsh.

Levi held both my hands in his as we slid across the thick, slippery ice. He was facing me, so every time I fell, I fell into his hands instead of landing on the cold ice. His touch was soothing, but not electrifying like Caspian's.

"Where did you learn to ice skate?" I asked. The Winters in Sunset Coast weren't cold enough to freeze the lakes over.

"I grew up in Canada," Levi told me. "My family just moved here."

That's why I hadn't seen him before. "Do you like it here?" I asked, not sure how to keep this conversation going.

"Not until today, well tonight specially," he replied.

I gave him a questioning look, but I knew what he was hinting at.

"To be honest I haven't seen a cute girl around here," he clarified. "That is, until I met you."

I blushed bright red, while Levi laughed.

"When do you start school here?" I enquired.

"Monday," he sighed, disheartened.

"It's not that bad," I lied.

"Not if you'll be there." He caressed my cheek.

He brought his face closer to mine. This was going fast. Too fast.

"Where's Chrissie and Shawn?" I distracted him, trailing my eyes all over the ice rink.

Levi shrugged. "I'm sure they're around here somewhere."

"I'll call Chrissie," I suggested, saving my panic for if she didn't answer her phone.

She picked up on the first ring. "Where are you?" I didn't bother returning her 'hello'.

"Shawn's buying me something a little more comfortable to wear," she replied. "You're ok with Levi, right?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I assured her. "Just a bit worried about you."

She cut the call without even saying 'bye'.

I was so relieved that she was ok that I forgot I was standing on ice. I fell backwards and landed flat on my bum.

"Owwww," I complained, wishing I had held onto Levi's hand.

"You okay?" Levi leaned down next to me.

"I'm such an idiot," I laughed, ignoring the fact that my butt was turning into an icicle and making me vibrate with shivers.

Levi chuckled and handed me his hand. I got up and realised the back of my pants was soaking wet. Good thing it was hot tonight, otherwise I'd probably catch pneumonia.

Levi and I sat on the bleachers and waited patiently for Shawn and Chrissie to return, and obviously they were taking their own sweet time.

Levi wrapped one of his arms around me and pulled me closer to him.

"Is Shawn also new here?" I asked, wondering how they had met so quickly.

"He's my brother," Levi chuckled.

"But you two don't even look alike."

"We get that a lot," Levi stated the obvious.

"Yeah, you're like a werewolf and he's a vampire." I let my imagination run wild and instantly regretted it.

"What?" Levi bit his lip to hold his laughter in.

"Twilight," I clarified.

"Twilight?" he repeated.

"Have you not watched it?" I acted offended by placing one of my hands on my chest.

He shook his head. "I've heard of it and I know about the Edward trend."

I giggled. "I'm more of a Jacob Black fan."

"He's the werewolf?" Levi asked.

"Yip."

"Good thing you're more of a werewolf girl, or I would be forced to fight my blood-drinking brother to obtain your hand."

"What was that about blood?" Shawn came to join us with Chrissie just behind him. She was now dressed in a pair of booty shorts, and a black tank top that showed off her well-defined cleavage.

"Nothing," Levi stated as he winked at me.

Shawn didn't press his brother. "You guys coming?" he asked, leading Chrissie to the ice rink.

Levi handed me my ice-skating boots, before reaching for his own.

Please don't forget to vote and comment.