𝟑

"Wow... I was about to cry out of pride for being so early today, but guess we're not that special," Grace mumbled that only Shana could hear.

Shana and Grace were walking through the school corridor towards their assigned lockers, each with their own coffees on hands that they got earlier from the coffee shop where they usually hung out. For Shana, arriving at 7.15 was already so late, but apparently for Grace it was worth a medal.

"We could leave earlier than today if you want," Shana gave him a teasing smile. "You know I prefer to arrive at least 30 minutes before class and you're welcome to join me.

Grace scoffed, "I'm the one who drives, so that means you are the one who has to adjust to my schedule, Shan. Who wants to be at school that early anyway? Desperate to study much? What a nerd you are, Shana."

"Said the future Valedictorian," Shana rolled her eyes.

For common people, Grace definitely did not have the Valedictorian look in her — being a cheerleader vice-captain who prefers to paint her nails or take selfies more than paying attention to the teachers at her classes. If anything, it was either Shana or Aanya that were the type of students others would bet their money on to be one. But Grace, as always, was full of surprise. Behind her judgemental stare was a thoughtful assessment, behind her bold words was a chain of thinking, behind her prideful nature was a defense mechanism, and behind her stubborn acts was a child longing for her parents' love. Grace might look like she had everything easy in her life for being beautiful, rich, and popular, but no one would guess she had it way more complicated than what was shown.

They got to their lockers which were right next to each other. Leaning over hers while taking a sip of her coffee, Grace scrunched her face in a disgusted look. "I study at home, babe. School is a place to have fun and flirt around," her eyes were checking out a random guy who just walked past them.

"You're probably the only person in this school who said that," she shook her head in amusement, putting some of her things inside her locker while Grace rambled about random things next to her about her studies. "When are you having the first cheers practice?"

"Don't know about it yet, but we're holding a tryout this weekend, obviously. Irene isn't going to be there due to a matter related to her university enrollment or something, so I'll be the one taking charge of choosing the new members."

"Seems like you have a packed schedule."

Grace sighed in defeat, "seems like it. Are you sure you don't want to join the team, babe? You're not too late, you know? You're gorgeous and fit as hell. Plus, I need someone to hold me back from slapping the shit out of that annoying blonde bitch who can't seem to keep her mouth to herself."