𝟐

An alarm sound was heard, followed by the sound of a hard thud and a painful grunt in the middle of the dark room.

"Shit..."

He just fell off his bed when trying to turn off the alarm. Rubbing the side of his head which was affected by the impact of the fall, he looked around the room to adjust his eyes to the darkness, with his hand roaming through the bedside table where he knew he put his glasses on.

Once he got them, he put them on and stood up from his sitting position on the floor, the result of him falling off the bed. Looking at his phone, it was 6.00 in the morning, as always. He opened a text from one of his friends who had been tasked to wake him up. It was such a waste, to be very honest. What use did it have to ask someone to wake him up when he himself woke up earlier than them?

For Noel Smith? Everything.

He was usually a morning person, but the fact that he stayed awake until so late last night was affecting his mood that morning. Not that he usually had decent enough sleep at night knowing that his family and friends often referred to him as a night owl, but he dreaded going to school. That was why he asked this one particular friend of his to spam him with texts, and when he did not reply to them in 10 minutes, a call would be needed.

Noel dreaded going to school and it had nothing to do with sitting in classes and being forced to read books and listen to teachers that lulled students to sleep — not when he was one of teachers' favorites for being a straight A student even when he tended to fall asleep during class. It was because of the people. He dreaded meeting the people at school — at least most of them.

Yeah, he certainly would not hate to meet a certain 5'5 tall girl with dark brown almost black curls, beautiful chestnut colored eyes, and cute dimples that appeared every time she smiled. The girl he had been crushing on for years.

Samuel

Bro, are you awake yet?

I bet you stayed in the room even when I left.

Told you to log out right after and sleep.

But that last attack you did was *chef's kiss*

Anyway, WAKE UP!

Don't want to miss Shana in the hallway, do you?

"That kid..." Though he was annoyed at Samuel's words, he could not help but smile in endearment at the name mentioned in his last message.

That was one of the smallest effects Shana Davino had on Noel Smith.

Noel