Not So Warm Welcome | Chapter 13

"And you said he'd be back in 2 days" I sulked. Remember when Bomi said her best friend will be back in 2 days? Yeah, it was bullshit.

2 weeks and 3 days later, no sign of her best friend or anything from the police. This sucks. One moment I was happy with my job and then I lose my daughter. How wonderful this life is.

"It's not my fault he's inconsistent! He said he'll be back in 2 days and help us but I guess he's busy.." Suddenly, we heard a phone ringing. It was Bomi's. She picked up her phone and widened her eyes. "It's him!" I widened my eyes and told her to put the call on speaker

She picked up the call and put it on speaker. "Hey, Bomi. Where are you right now?" I stood up and scooted closer to her phone

"Oh I'm at Beomgyu's place, why?"

"Aight I'm coming to help you with that kid you mentioned, my friends are coming too" I sighed in relief and fell back on my chair.

"Okay then, see you junnie"

"Bye, take care" Once the call ended Bomi and I squealed in excitement and shook each other's shoulder. The boys then came into the room confused

"Uh- what are you girls doing?" Beomgyu asked. I ran to him and hugged him tightly, jumping up and down and still squealing. He looked at me confused. After calming down, I told him what had happened when he was away.

I thought he'd be thrilled, but his face doesn't really seem like it. Is he not excited to find Fei? "Gyu, aren't you at least a bit happy? We can look for Fei!" He looked like he was deep in thought

I tapped his shoulder lightly and he snapped out of his thoughs. "Huh? oh yeah, of course I'm thrilled, just- I don't really like Bomi's friend. He's a complete gangster"

"Well, a complete gangster is exactly what we need to help right now" He sighed and nodded before ruffling my hair. "Right, we're doing this for Fei"

After minutes of waiting, we heard a ring on the bell, indicating someone is at the door. Bomi rushed to the front door and opened it while I, sat on the sofa, holding Beomgyu's hand tightly.

"Alright guys, meet my friend!" My gaze went up to the figure entering the room. My smile immediately dropped after seeing the person.

"Wait.. you– LIAO YI JIE?"  The boy exclaimed in surprise. I felt tears run down my eyes. I wanted to hug and him and told him I missed him but why should I? There's no reason to do so, I have Beomgyu now.

I wiped my tears away before nodding and said, "Long time no see, Xiao Dejun. How are you?" I could see a hint of sadness or– maybe regret? in his eyes

"Okay, hold up! You two know each other?" Beomgyu asked

"Beomgyu, say hi to Xiao Dejun. Jing Fei's ACTUAL father" I glared at him. Beomgyu's hand that was once on mine is now holding my waist, pulling my body closer to his.

"This.. this is very very confusing. So Fei's actual dad, is Xiaojun?" Bomi asked. I scoffed and said "You call yourself Xiaojun now?"

"Yi Jie, I– there's just so much.. so much I wanna talk about. Can we uhm– have a talk? Please.." He said and looked down. Ugh I hate it when he does that, makes him look vulnerable and it melts my heart.

"No, she can't" Beomgyu said before I could answer.

"Aha.. Beomgyu– let's leave them for a minute. They.. I'm sure they have a lot to sort out" Bomi held Beomgyu's arm to pull him up but he refused to let go of me. I sighed and slowly let go of Beomgyu's arm, making him pout.

"You're really going to talk to him?"He said in a concerned tone. Maybe a pinch of jealousy in it. " 35 minutes. Just give us 35 minutes and we can cuddle. Deal?" He kept his lips in a pout. "20 minutes and we have a deal"

I sighed and said "30 minutes, then I'll give you your hugs, kisses, cuddles, and I'll make your favorite ramyeon. Deal?"

He glared at me for a bit before nodding. "Don't fall for him again. You're mine, remember"

"Yes, mr choi~" I got up from the couch and signalled Xiaojun to follow me. We got out of their apartment and entered my unit. "Oh, Yi Jie did you- SON OF BTCH!" Shit I forgot Yue Ying is here

"YUE YING, HOLD YOUR HORSES LADY CALM DOWN" Yuan Jun ran into the room and held her back

"YUAN JUN LET GO OF ME, I NEED TO BEAT THAT BASTARD UP"

"YI JIE JUST GO TO THE ROOFTOP, THIS WOMAN IS NOT GONNA CALM HER SHIT DOWN"

I quickly closed the door and walked to the elevator with Xiaojun following behind me. We got in the elevator and awkward silence filled the air. "Yi Jie, I–" I cut him off, "Save it"

The elevator came to a stop and we got out. Walking up a few more stairs before reaching the rooftop. I sat on the edge of the building and looked down. I could feel his presence next to me.

"Just say what you need to say"

"There are a lot actually. I wanna say I'm sorry.. and that I missed you" I inhaled my breath and sighed. I guess the feeling is mutual then.

"So.. that Beomgyu guy is your boyfriend huh? He seems to be treating you better than I did" He definitely is, far better than you did.

"And the missing girl.. Fei? Is she.." He paused and I replied, knowing what exactly he's talking about

"Yes, that's the babygirl you left" He nodded slowly and was about to speak before I cut him off

"Her name is Liao Jingfei. No, I did not use your surname. She's 6 years old and turning 7 years old soon. Her favorite color is green and she likes to read books. Just like you. She likes oreo ice cream. Her favorite food is sushi and gummy bears. She has your nose, my eyes and my lips. Anything else you would like to know about your daughter?" I said, well– basically rapped the paragraph

"Liao Jingfei.. beautiful name" I hummed in response.

"Does she know? That I'm her real father? Have you ever told her about me"

"Indirectly. She definitely knows Beomgyu's not her real father but she doesn't know you"

After a few minutes of silence, I broke the silence "I know you don't want anything to do with her, but help me just this one time. Just help us find her"

He nodded and said "You know I've been thinking a lot these past few years.. how irresponsible I was. I wanted to contact you but you blocked my number" Deleted actually–

"I tried calling your house number but your sister is too aggressive and won't listen to me" That's Liao Yue Ying for ya

"I regretted leaving you honestly. If I didn't leave you then maybe we'd be living happily with Fei right now" Yeah, well you erase that imagination from your head now. There's no way you're replacing Beomgyu.

"But, you definitely look happier with Beomgyu. I'm fine with that. But please don't think I don't care about you and Jingfei, I swear I've changed– so if you don't mind.. can I maybe visit once in a while?" I don't know, can you? Leaving me alone with a baby to raise. Even told me to abort her cause you weren't ready and didn't want a baby. You think I was ready? Does he think I wanted the accident to happen?

No. None of us did. But it was too late to go back. I couldn't just kill an innocent baby. Maybe if I did abort her– we would still be together but maybe I wouldn't have met Beomgyu, Bomi, and the boys. But hey, there's no use regretting my choices, time's not gonna rewind anyway.

I sighed and nodded "You know, 10 minutes ago I still hated you. But after hearing your sincere words and apology, I hate you less" He chuckled upon hearing that "So you still hate me?"

"Don't expect me to be the same innocent, gullible girl I was. You think I would just forgive you so easily cause of your words?"

"Understandable. But we're good now? Friends?" He reached out his hand, waiting for me to take it. I nodded and shook his hand "Friends"

ngl I want a sister like Yue Ying:(