The Princess and the Betrothed

"Come on Jabari. PLEEEEEASE! You know that I have the best sight in the Pridelands. Please let me join you guys!" Zahour pleaded.

Jabari chuckled, entertained by his little brother's enthusiasm. "Alright, I'll talk with my teammates and see what they think."

Zahour lept in the air cheering. "YES! Thanks bro!"

"JABARI, THERE'S A DISTURBANCE AT THE BOARDER, LETS GO!" Barack shouted at Jabari.

"BE RIGHT THERE." Jabari shouted back. "Alright, I'll see you later bro." Juberi then ran down the steps of Pride Rock and followed his team to the outskirts of the Pridelands.

"Hey, you good?" Jabari snapped out of his thoughts and turned around to see Barack approaching him.

"Yeah I was just thinking." Jabari responded.

"You want to tell him, don't you?" Barack replied.

"You have no idea. Just the thought of my brother hating me already hurts but, I don't want him to get involved. It's enough that we constantly have to look over our shoulders to make sure those Jackals won't do something, but if he gets involved, then...I-I don't know what I'll do if I lose him also."

"He is already involved in our conflict"

"Yeah but they just see him as an inconvenience rather than a target, and I want to keep it that way....so when do we leave?"

"Around an hour or so."

"Maybe we can actually go in and out instead of waiting for Yazid to quit flirting with the princess."

Barack chuckled. "After what she did, it is entertaining to see him push her buttons."

"AND for your information, I wasn't flirting, I was messing with her, there's a difference!" Yazid said as he walked up to his teammates.

"What's the difference?" Jabari questioned.

"She's actually mad at me!" Yazid smirked as his teammates chuckled.

"COME ON DAD DO I HAVE TO!" Ayanna complained to the King.

"This is a tradition that started ever since the first king of the Pridelands took control." Sadeeki replied in a calm manor.

"So NOW I have to obey traditions, I never even met him! How do you expect me to rule with some guy!"

"Just give him a chance. I was betrothed to your mother and look how happy we are!"

Ayanna groaned. "Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine! Lets get this over with."

Ayanna followed her father to the outskirts of the Pridelands, where she met a pair of tanish-white lions, along with a teenage lion close to her age. "Greetings King Sadeeki, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"Likewise, and I assume this is your mate and son?"

"Yes, this is my wife Dalila and son Omari.."

"Pleasure to meet you, this is my daughter Ayanna. My wife Shanit is out with the hunting party but will be back shortly."

"So, should we leave the two alone to get acquainted?"

"Sounds good, now Ayanna, be nice."

"I am nice." Ayanna mumbled to herself. "So...."

"You must be my betrothed. Interesting..." Omari stated.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ayanna shouted.