Problems of the Night

It was a quiet evening in the Pridelands. The sun was beginning to set in the distance, which resulted in the sky fading from a light blue into an orange tint. Out there were a couple of cubs just running around, not noticing the setting sun off in the distance, and just kept playing, not with a care in the world.

The cubs ran through the tall grass, jumping around trying to tackle each other. But then they froze when they heard growling in the distance. They stopped and looked around. They saw someone moving around the grass, and out of nowhere a Jackal jumped towards them.

The two cubz braced for what was to come, but when they looked they saw a Lion with brown fur coat pounced on the Jackal. The jackal pushed off the teenager and was ready to face him off, but once he noticed the two other lions standing beside him he ran off.

"Get back home, alright!" Yazid ordered. The cubs nodded and began to run back to Pride Rock.

Once the cubs were out of sight, the three teenagers began to walk towards a decent sized boulder. Once they arrived, the three worked together to push over the boulder to reveal some hidden paintings.

"Finally! What does it say?" Barack asked.

Jabari inspected the paintings trying to decode it, however he lost focus when someone interrupted his thought process. "Well well well, if it isn't the Lion Guard." The three teens turned around and saw an adult Jackal standing in front of them, along with a small group of other Jackals standing behind him.

"We're not part of the Guard anymore Giza!" Jabari spat back. Giza laughed back at them. "Apologies, after you messed with one of my own I thought maybe that you re-joined them."

"He was annoying us, that was all." Yazid responded.

"Well you know the rules, so you should know what's gonna happen now!" The Jackals behind him started to extend their claws, and were ready to pounce at the three teenage lions. "This should teach you a lesson."

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Yazid smirked. "After all we don't just sit on our asses in the outlands after all."

"No amount of training is going to let you escape!" Giza growled.

"Wanna bet?" Yazid quickly pounced at Giza, knocking him against the trunk of a nearby tree.

Barack and Jabari quickly joined in, knocking away the nearest Jackals to give them a chance to think up a strategy. Barack used his speed to quickly run around and knock down the Jackals, while Jabari would knock them away before they had the chance to recover.

Yazid clawed at Giza's face and bit down on his scruff, and tossed him away. Giza stood up and jumped back at the Lion. He tackled him to the round and extended his claws. He swatted at the teenager, aiming to cut his throat.

However Yazid quickly racted, and instead Giza cut his shoulder. However Giza want finished. He stood up and once again tried to pounce at Yazid, but this time he quickly reacted and jumped out of the way.

The two stared each other down, waiting for the other to make a move, when out of nowhere, a loud roar was heard. Everyone turned their attention to Princess Ayanna, who stood on top of the boulder, with Zuberi and Zahour standing beside her. "WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?" She asked in a commanding voice.

"This has nothing to do with you princess. Leave before you break a claw or get dirt on your fur!" Yazd remarked.

"Says the rouge who is trespassing. ALL of you get out before someone get's hurt!" Yazid turned to Barack and Jabari, and the two nodded at him. "Fine, we'll leave!" The three teenagers got up and ran off into the outlands.