⁕Winter❄️️Fire⁕

A kiss.

Not a real one. Or is it?

Who judges the rightness of a kiss?

Isn't it the meaning that matters? The feeling?

A tiny little gesture of great importance.

The warm touch of O-Chi's lips glows on your cheek for a long time, the feeling won't go away.

Why did he do that? Why so sudden?

Just when you thought you had a handle on your emotional flood... Now, you're facing the thunderstorm again. Your emotional chaos, the double pack you look at. Both men are almost out of sight when Pengorou calls you.

You absently follow them. You stand at Pengorou's side instead of O-Chi's next to him.

Not only that, but you can't look at the men that gave you the shy kiss.

It still tickles.

In front of you are Bepo and the captain, silently scouting the landscape, looking for a new hiding place.

Lost in thought, you flinch as you feel something against your upper arm. Peng's casual fist, he nudged you friendly, but withdraw his hand just as startled.

"Sorry... I didn't mean to frighten you." He mumbles, pulling his yellow cap screen over his eyes. He's not a man of big words, but of action.

Silently, he reaches behind himself, into the large carry bag on his back, and pulls something out. A hair ornament he holds out to you, looking to the side.

"You look feral.... I don't want you to scare the birds away." How flattering. A man of niceness.

You take the accessory, taming your hair and put on the hairpin. You wonder where he got it from.

Dark green eyes scrutinize you from behind the cap. "Still a wildcat, but better." His hidden grin is hard to miss.

By chance, you notice the little plush penguin on his head moving along as he walks. You squint past the cap to O-Chi, he has become strangely silent. Even his friend notices this, eyeing him out of the corner of his eye more often, but leaving him alone. Do the two of them understand each other without words?

Pengorou looks ahead, biting his lower lip. Something is bothering him that he wants to get rid of.

"Your hair," he addresses the touchy subject, "is it... bad?"

You touch your hair, it is visibly shorter than it was before your encounter with the Killer Reaper.

You shake your head no. "It's just hair." Compared to a life, that's nothing.

Shyly, you counter; "Do you think it's bad?" Why do you ask him that?

Are you interested in his opinion?

Pengorou clears his throat, not expecting the question, and runs a hand over the back of his neck. Trying to find the right words, he finally settles on; "You're not that terrible."

The nicest compliment he can muster up without his ears becoming red.

You don't understand their reactions, why they react to you the way they do - and you to them.

You three are on such thin ice... What you have is so fragile... That you fear it will collapse at any moment. It's only a matter of time before something drastic changes.