Chapter 1 Books and Crooks

Books and Crooks

"For the last time Casey, I said no. I refuse to go to the movies with those people." Alison Wysor said with a shake of her head.

Her best friend, Casey Domane sighed. Casey pushed her long blonde hair away from her face, her green eyes narrowed towards Alison. "You never go out with the group. They are your friends too yanno! Instead you rather sit home alone your nose stuck in a book!" she shouted, pulling the book out of Alison's hands. "It's unhealthy to be alone as much as you are," she added, putting her hands on her volumuious hips, the book tight in her clasp. Casey was a curvey tall blonde with an attitude to match.

"No, I just put up with them. The only ones I can actually stand to be with for more than an hour are you and Carson." Alison crossed her toned arms across her chest. She refused to budge. Alison was as stubborn as a bull, maybe more.

Out of the trio, Casey and Alison butt heads the most. They still consisted to stay friends though. Carson, the other one, was Casey's twin brother. He was a complete jock head, but he preferred to hang out with Alison and Casey instead, going against the status quo. Alison stood out in the trio because she had a long elegant body wound tight with muscles from eight years of dance and karate. She had a shoulder length fiery red hair, not orange red, but an almost scarlett tinted aburn and hazel eyes that seemed to change colors depending on what she wore.

Casey went back to flat ironing Alison's hair. Alison shifted, causing Casey to drop the flat iron.

"Can't you hold still for five minutes?" Casey asked.

"Not anymore, since the only reason your doing this is to dress me up for the movies... which I refuse to go to by the way."

Casey threw her hands up in the air. "You are so difficult! Please, just this once, please! Do it for me?" Casey pouted.

Alison sighed. "Fine. But if they anger me, I'm leaving."

Casey hopped up and down. "Yay! Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!"

Alison sighed again, and rubbed her temples. "Please stop, and hurry up and finish frying my poor hair."

Casey went back to straightening Alison's hair. Halfway through, she spoke again. "Promise to be on your best behavior."

Alison snorted rather unattractively, which is what she did instead of answering a question she found stupid.

' "Oh please Alison! You can be quite mean and rather sarcastic to them. They think you don't like them!"

"They just don't get my humorous nature. It's too mature for their simple minds," she answered with a simple shrug. "And being sarcastic is second nature. If they can't handle it. they should stay away from me. Both parties would be happy in the end."

Casey rolled her eyes at her friends brazen attitude. That was Alison though; blunt, opinionated, stubborn, and most of all sarcastically rude to everyone she did not like. And she did not like many people, really people in general.

"Promise me, or else." Casey let her words hang in the air.

Alison pondered over her choices carefully; actually mind her manners or face the unending wrath of Casey. She sighed through her nose before answering, "Fine."

Casey smiled triumphantly and went back to finish the task at hand.

Fifteen minutes later, the door to Casey's bedroom opened revealing Carson. He was wearing a tight T-shirt that showed off all his muscles. The girls were discussing Dawson, and Casey mentioned that he was going to ask her out at the movies, but Alison argued the point that she did not want a boyfriend. (She had never had one before and the whole idea of "dating" made her nervous.)