We Seem Happy

And so they went to a nearby restaurant. They couldn't be bothered to go all the way back home, anyways.
On the way there, they pass through a park. It's one of the most popular parks in Robloxia. It's probably because the place is ripe with wildlife, with different bees constantly buzzing about, and ladybirds and beetles running around the place. And the variety of flowers too, from tall standing sunflowers to sweet little poppies. It's one of the most cared for parks in the area, named after the person who planted the first flowers there.
Tanqr pulls up his hood when the person in front of them stares at him for a second. He doesn't know if they even were looking at him or something else, but he's not risking it.
He looks over to the others just as Ashley makes a little yelp and runs over to a bush.
"You okay, Ashley?" He asks.
"There's a little bird here! And they're injured!" Ashley cries, pointing at the bird. Tanqr just looks at the thing. It's laying face-down on the ground, feathers spread around it with multiple having fallen out, and shaking.
"Well..what are we going to do about it? We don't know what's wrong, and we don't have the ability to heal it." He explains, deadpan.
Ashley looks at him with a sympathetic, but sad look.
"I know, but are we just gonna let the bird die? Maybe I have a water bottle somewhere, that'll help it."
"Are you just going to..let it drink out of the bottle? Like a baby?" Kreek asks, incredulous. He chuckles a little.
Ashley just turns to him, pulling out her water bottle from her bag.
"Yes." She smirks.
"I was being sarcastic." Kreek explains.
"I know."
"O-oh."
Ashley puts the bird on the floor and opens up her bottle, carefully trying her best to feed it. But upon touching it, the bird just squawks and flies away, as if it wasn't just dying a second ago.
The group just stares at it as it flies away for a second. Ashley slowly puts her water bottle away in her shock. No one was expecting that.
"...Well. That's interesting." She comments. "You try so hard to look after animals, and this is the thanks you get?"
Kreek and Tanqr look at each other for one second. And then they both burst into laughter. One thing they can share humour about. At the expense of their friends.
"OI-"
~~~
After that and getting something to eat, it was time to head to the Magius's base.
"Did you feel like the park was less packed today?" Hyper muses, not really sure if the others are listening. "Normally it's populated on holidays. But today it's not."
"Guess no one wanted to come to the park today." Tanqr responds, shrugging. He doesn't really care about knowing why no one's there.
Of course, it peaks Kreek's interest, though, who starts looking around curiously.
"Huh, I didn't notice."
He paces about a bit before he looks at a hedge and pauses. He suddenly pulls out his soul gem and transforms there and then.
"..Kreek, are you alright?" Ashley asks.
"I think I know why no one's here."
~~~
Once again, they're in a fight with another random witch. With flowers and greenery around, but the tracks and feeling of entrapment are inescapable. Railings and bars surrounding the place, and hard floors despite the fact that flowers are constantly growing out of it. The witch herself appears to be made of flowers, and it's a melted thing, almost like a blob.
Tanqr's been shooting at it, but due to its liquid form, it's able to close out any wounds. It does appear to be getting smaller though, so that's a plus.
Kreek yells out in anger.
"Cmon! I wanted to get straight to the Magius base, why must you be such a pain in the butt?!"
"Guess the witch doesn't like you." Tanqr fires back, chuckling.
Ashley and Hyper are on the other side of the labyrinth. They have been fighting it's familiars, which look like little shopping bags. They've left Kreek and Tanqr to deal with the witch. Which is fine, it's how they operate. But it's annoying when the witch can regenerate.
"Oh, let's just get this over with." Kreek rolls his eyes and clutches his neck, or more so his soul gem.
"Don't tell me you're going to-"
Tanqr has to dodge out the way as two inky wings appear from Kreek's back - again.
"I'm going to do it!" He chuckles a bit, jumping into the air. Somehow despite all the weight on his back.
"God dammit."
~~~
After the landslide victory against the witch, the group exit the labyrinth back into the park. Well, the only reason they beat the witch so quickly was because of Kreek randomly deciding to use his doppel. They're right by the statue of the guy who named the park, which has been painted red and yellow - his favourite colours.
"You use that thing way too much, Kreek. Your soul gem wasn't even that dark!" Hyper complains, but he's also concerned.
"Ah, it's nothing to worry about! I'll be fine. It's not as if they have any downsides anyways." He tosses the grief seed to Hyper, who's standing behind him. "How about you use your ability to get us to the Magius base? We're heading there now after all."
"Oh- right, that. Whoops, I nearly forgot." Hyper chuckles a bit before he goes silent, focusing. His eyes flash cyan and he whips around, facing rightwards, deeper into the park.
"Follow me."
"Let's go!" Kreek punches the air.
"Yeah- I guess we're doing this!" Ashley adds, also pretty excited.
Tanqr doesn't add anything. He doesn't need to.
~~~
"I will do this. I have a part to play, and a job to prove. I'll be helping in this cause to liberate magical girls."
~~~
"Where is he?! It's been a day or so- I can't- oh god, he's missing, he doesn't know this place as well as I do! What if he's dead!?"
"I'm sure he's not dead, I'm sure. We just gotta keep looking."
"Oh god- I sure hope you're right, but I've got a gut feeling that we've gotta go faster. I wish I could reverse back further!"
~~~
A/N
I know it may not seem it, but this chapter is a lot more important than you might think. Enjoy that.
Also, here's the full body designs for the main four finalists! Literally redid this in an hour because I hated Ashley's proportions in the original one, haha. I'm gonna work on the other characters soon, and you'll maybe get CGs! Eventually. And more detailed refs for the finalists. Eventually.

Alright, that's all from me! See ya'll!- YanDan

See ya'll!
- YanDan