Chapter-9: InshaAllah

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

✨Bismillah✨

If you haven't offered your salah and it's salah time then please pray and then return, do not delay your prayers.

。⁠♡------------------ ♡⁠。

MAIRA

"You can always take his number and call him yourself right?" Aisha asks from beside me.

We are currently walking to sit in the secluded corner of our college where there are no other people to disturb my conversation with Adam.

Aisha's words not mine!

This day definitely didn't go as any normal day. I narrated the whole proposal thing to Amina and Zainab, just the proposal thing not the incidents on the sport's day or anything before the proposal. They were utterly surprised by the sudden revelation, however, they didn't seem much suspicious about the fact that the guy is from our university. They just were too shocked to comprehend anything else. I don't blame them though I would've had an equally same reaction if one of my friends suddenly emerges with a proposal.

"What will be the whole point of chaperoning when you give me his number to talk?" I ask her back.

"You guys don't need chaperoning in the first place!" she exclaims looking towards me.

I just shake my head and go ahead to sit on the grass.

"I wonder why no one comes to this place because it's amazing and so good to take a break from the whole studying thing." Aisha sits on the grass making herself comfortable.

I just smile and sit down leaning my back a little.

"So...shall we?" she asks sitting down too and taking out her phone.

All the anxiousness came back rushing which I had pushed back earlier. It's not that I don't want to speak to him. I have a couple of questions which sound silly and ridiculous but I don't think so I could go ahead in this alliance without knowing their answers.

I just nod at Aisha to call her brother. I would've passed out of anxiousness if I had to talk to him in person. I guess both of us would be be more comfortable if we talk on phone.

"Asslamualaikum brother" Aisha says causing my heart rate to increase and palms to sweat.

She eyes me asking if I'm ready to talk. I just nod knowing that this has to be done.

I grab the phone with my cold hands and put the call on speaker.

"Just so you don't blab out anything, your dear Maira here have put the call on speaker" she says to Adam rolling her eyes with a sly grin.

"I wouldn't Aisha" a very familiar and incredibly beautiful voice says, stirring up some unknown emotions in me.

He then clears his throat.

"Assalamualaikum...Maira" he says bringing back my longing desire to hear my name from that voice again.

"Walaikumassalam" I say in a surprisingly quiet voice.

"I believe that you had something to talk to me about?" he asks once he realizes that I wouldn't start by myself.

"I do" I say clearing my throat.

I just sigh not able to form any coherent sentence dues to my rapid heartbeat.

"We can drag this to another time if you aren't comfortable now." He says in a tender tone.

"No. I am fine... I guess" I mumble the last part more to myself causing him to chuckle.

That sound was fascinatingly alluring. I was almost going to ask him to do it again.

Almost.

"Are you sure about this...umm...thing?" I ask clearly not wanting to say any embarrassing term.

"Thing?" he asks voice laced with confusion.

"Marriage idiot. She's asking about marriage." Aisha speaks shaking her head.

"I sort of thought that!" he exclaims defensively.

"Of course you did!"

"Hey Aisha!! What are you doing there?" one of her friends calls her from a bit farther from us.

"I'll just be back ok" she says getting up and dusting her dress.

"What made you ask this question?" Adam asks after a slight pause.

"If you don't mind me asking it?" he adds hurriedly.

"Of course I don't."

"And I asked it because I think that it's hard for especially a boy to get this feeling of commitment at this young age."

He chuckles just after I finish speaking.

"I am sure about this more than anything in my life Maira. The fact that I immediately pictured you when baba asked about marriage is evidence enough about my certainty. The idea of spending an entire life with a person never popped in my head until I saw you. I know that I might not exactly be your ideal person, but I wish to become that person for you."

I just gulp awkwardly not able to say anything. He continues with a sigh.

"You're the means Allah chose to bring me back my on my deen. And it's because of Allah and you that I've become a better person. I've firmly held onto my faith on Allah and I refuse to let go of that means which Allah have sent for me." He says making me skip a heartbeat.

"I'm flattered" I say with a lighthearted chuckle.

He joins in too. This time laughing wholly.

"You are the person who, though unintentionally but truly motivated me on the path of my deen. If it wouldn't have been you then I don't know how I would have changed."

"Will you give up on your deen even if I'm not there?" I ask instinctively.

"I would never! In this short time of getting to know about my religion, I know that this is not a thing a person would leave after getting it back. And I might as well keep this as a very beautiful memory of your's" he says and I can almost hear a smile in his words.

I smile too knowing that I'm as prepared as him to start this new chapter of my life.

InshaAllah.

。⁠♡------------------ ♡⁠。

Alhamdulillah!!!

I apologize for the short chapter yet again.

Tell me in the comments about how all of you think about Adam's reasoning to Maira's questions..

Do let me know your thoughts in the comment section below 🔽🔽🔽

Please vote and comment

JazakAllahu khairan