Chapter 1

Being in a war is not how history tells, but that doesn't always mean I hate it. Sure I hate the god forsaken vampires I am forced to listen to as they swabble to one another. No order, no organization. Only one another going against each other. At least I knew I was on the winning side instead of being slaughtered like the other mutts of my species.

I adjusted the collar of my uniform and patted Hector on the back so he would not be startled by my appearance, as I've scared the poor man countless times for I "do not make noise" when I walk as he stated. "Good afternoon gentlemen '' I spoke, glancing at Godbrands insufferable grunting as he attempted to show off what I could only assume was a victim, he was a better viking than a storyteller.

Isaac only nodded and placed his hands behind his back, man of few words, while Hector sent a small smile my way. We glanced up as footsteps echoed in the large War hall. Dracula, the man of the war and our Lord.

He stood in front of his throne and raised a hand to gesture to us "my generals" he spoke "we prosecute a good war. In killing my wife, humanity has proven to me that they don't deserve Wallachia" He began to pace in front of us as he spoke "Wallachia will now become our seats" He clenched his fist but behind his eyes I could see the pain hidden deep inside of his late wife's death.

Humans are greedy by default, being handed a silver platter by some and a whip to the back by others. I had once hoped for peace among many species but after...some events. I realized that humans, my own kind, do not give a damn about their own. Whether that be a neighbor or their own family, if you have no use; you're left behind and if you can be used for money, well you're nothing but a pet to them.

After realizing I was in my own head space I glanced up and met Dracula's own ruby eyes, sending a kind smile his way I waited for him to speak. 

"Hector, Isaac, (Y/n). Present me with plans for our next steps today" He spoke, gesturing a hand towards us. He went to turn but Godbrand's crybaby having ass wasn't having it. "the only three humans in your inner court and they are the ones who will plan our next attack?" He huffed. 

Dracula paused and turned it head to watch us with a watchful gaze "The only three generals in my court who are not driven by thrust, the only 3 who are bound by loyalty and intellect. True they are not vampires like you and I, Godbrand. And that is why I trust them. For we are about the business of wiping the humanity from the earth and they still stand with me" He spoke and left, leaving Godbrand speechless. 

"What the hell was that? he summons us from all over the world, tells us it's warn we're finally putting screws to the livestock and taking over and now this?" he growled the others. I sighed and began following Isaac and Hector up the stairs. 

"how your able to piss people off with so little words amazing me to no end" I spoke, walking past the vampire. "and where are you three going?" He growled. "to speak to him" Hector spoke, Isaac and I continued on our path, said man patting my shoulder as a silent reminder to not listen to God-brands bullshit.

 "Why would be want to talk to you rather than me? Perhaps he wants to meet with his own kind" Godbrand spoke, like a whining child begging for mothers attention. "Godbrand, you've never met with anything you didn't kill, fuck or make a boat out of" Hector said, naming things off his fingers. "not necessarily in that order either" I spoke. 

 " I don't understand why our lord doesn't tie you up outside with the rest of the animals" Isaac spoke, I feigned a gasp "you would put the animals through such punishment? oh you fiend" I threw a hand over my eyes as we walked, catching Isaac's small smirk as Godbrand's voice faded in the background. 

____________

Walking into the lords study, the fire glowed brightly in the room, illuminating it in a soft glow. I smiled and ignored my two partners and settled myself infront of the fire, warming my hands. The war room was often cold for me since the stone was..ya know..cold. ahah.. anyways, i sat by the fire receiving a small pat on the head from our Lord who I only smiled at. 

"We are honored by your faith in us. But to serve you correctly we have to ask-" Isaac began but hector cut him off "why us?". Dracula hummed before glancing at myself then the fire, I only watched from where I was and saw the inner turmoil. 

 " did you hear Godbrand down there? Livestock he said" he spoke as he began to sit. "So many of my kindred are the same. They can no longer conceive of humans as thinking beings. Just livestock" he said, sighing. "It's the privilege of our condition I suppose. You can't hate livestock,they are simply what they are" he spoke softly, looking at the fire. "Grazing animals to be slaughtered. But you 3 are different. You
are human, you are not looking at the scourging of humanity from the earth as an opportunity to get the livestock under control. You...hate your species" he spoke. 

I glanced away from the trio of men and stood up, walking over to the mirror and watching my own reflection. Scars of the past, echoes of long forgotten battles and my own name used as a slander. I wasn't sure how long I had stared at my own reflection or how long I had been clawing at my own skin until a cold hand wrapped around my own. 

I glanced up to meet those ruby eyes. "Calm yourself, your digging yourself again" Dracula's voice spoke just above a whisper, only then did I realize Hector and Isaac had left. He gently cleaned the blood off my hand and smiled, sitting back down. 

"apologies, the..past is hard to leave behind sometimes" I spoke, standing next to his chair. The vampire chuckled lightheartedly "soon, the war will end and you will have the world of peace and quit you hope for and those who have wronged you will know to fear your name" He spoke, setting his head on a clawed fist. I could only smile at him and nodded 

"and what do you hope for at the end of this my lord?" I asked, tilting my head. "silence, silence and sleep" he joked. I could only chuckled and threw myself across his lap "oh no, my dear lord you must slumber! for your forge master cannot handle the insufferable noise of Godbrands yapping without you there" I grinned, looking up at the man. 

I felt his body shake from a small laugh "your little Jokes always amuse this cold heart, My dear. I do hope you never lose that" he said. I smiled and stood up from his lap "if their is anything you need my lord, I will be in my workspace don't hesitate to stop by" i smiled and bowed. 

Dracula chuckled and patted my shoulder "I won't rest soon, My Dear. You all have been working very hard on my horde and I appreciate it" he spoke. I nodded with a smile "you as well my lord" I spoke and left the study, walking down the hall. 

I went to my own workspace and decided to rest for a bit, sitting on the make shift hammock by the window and wrapping myself in a thin shawl, letting the wind swing me, maybe some rest would do me some good. 

________________

A/n: here is chapter one of the new book! please let me know if you enjoy and if you haven't already go ahead and read the original here >> https://www.wattpad.com/story/193081873-forged-hearts-dracula-x-reader. Other than that, have a nice week!! bye bye!