•07•

Nora's POV

Nora's POV

Consciousness came back to me slowly, my sleep fogged mind struggling to recall what was going on. I moaned tiredly, curling into the soft comfortable covers of the bed and snuggling my face into it. Wait, bed?!

I shot up from the silk sheets like they were lava and a yell escaped me as I tripped, falling onto the carpeted floor.

"Oh, Jesus fucking Christ." I choked out, grunting in pain from the assault on my side.

Well, I always thought Bella was the clumsy one in the family. I guess today is full of surprises. Blinking my eyes rapidly, I sat for a moment before casting a suspicious glance around the room.

It was dark, the only light came from a lamp on a desk in the corner that was dwarfed by the huge bookshelf next to it.

Shit, when did it become night time? My brain buzzed with one confused question after the other but I was too disoriented to think that clearly. There was a fireplace with two sleek black couches in front of it, both on either side of a small circular table.

I looked at the extremely comfy bed I'd apparently been sleeping on and nearly gaped. It was huge-an old four poster bed with dark wood, designs carved into the headboard and wooden beams with elegant fluffy pillows and sinfully smooth emerald green sheets. In fact the whole room was huge. Next to the desk and shelf were three large white circle top windows that reached the floor. During the day they must fill the room with so much light.

Across the room from the bed were two daunting mahogany doors that were adjacent to the fireplace, they too had mysterious carvings etched into them. The last thing I observed in the dim lighting was what appeared to be an en suite bathroom.  The floors and walls were pristine white marble flecked with gold, with a glass shower and a curved freestanding bath with gleaming gold handles.

So these people were rich rich.

Bored with my examining of the room I groaned, finding it a real struggle to get up. "Fuck." My back cracked, the initial pain fading and bringing some relief. "I must have been asleep for a while."