Part One: Coulson's Roundup

Warnings: Talks and mild descriptions of violence... I think that's p much it.

Summary: A mysterious hammer, and a man "out of this world", your first mission with S.H.I.E.L.D. was already shaping up to be a ride.

---

"Sir, I wouldn't try and do that if I were you."

Dust clung o the edges of your smart black shoes, the scolding sun burning into your skin through and even through your clothes.

Hands upon your hips, you were forced to breathe solely through your mouth. As to avoid the alcohol-soaked breath of the middle-aged man before you.

"Why don't you just butt out where things don't concern you?" he slurred aggressively. Face morphing into one of agitated anger.

Fellow agents could be seen from all corners, also dealing with the gruelling task of disbanding the gathered crowd. As trucks continued to pull up, with equipment and materials for a temporary base to be set up, surrounding the mysterious weapon.

At least you weren't alone in all of this.

"This is well within my concern, sir. You are not authorised to be here."

The drunken man shoved you in your chest, jostling you back slightly.

"Sir, I wouldn't do that if I were you." It was getting really difficult to keep up this whole agent act. "This is your first and last warning. You do not want to ignore it. Leave now."

"Oh, why don't you just take you and your FED friends and fuck off back to where you came from?"

"Sir, please leave. Now."

"Fuck you!" The drunken man pulled his fist back, wobbling slightly with his intoxication. Thrusting it right towards your face.

Without a flinch nor a blink, you caught the man's incoming arm. Firmly holding onto where his wrist met his forearm, unmoving to his each and every tug to release himself from your iron grip.

"Dude, I am getting real sick of your shit right now," your agent demeanour was entirely gone now as you grit your sentence out to the ageing man.

Still, he did not heed your warning. Choosing instead to push you in the chest once more with his free hand, thinking that to be a good idea. Or at least he tried.

"Get your fucking hands off of m-"

Before he could even reach you, you had twisted his arm. A pained yell poured from his mouth with your swift dislocation of his shoulder, falling to his knees when the boot of your foot to the inside of one. Face connecting to the sandy ground when you threw him down, still moaning in pain.

Your little... confrontation with the man had drawn everyone's attention, so with a huff, you turned, only to realize you were being watched.

"Right, everyone, get in your vehicles and drive away! Unless anyone else has any objections to the matter?!" The crowd disbanded with a sudden urgent scrapper, thanks to your tell.

The crater left empty naut for the agents, S.H.I.E.L.D. workers, and the large hammer sitting in the middle of it all.

"Sorry, Coulson," you said to the agent standing by your side when you moved to continue with your other duties, "I might have lost my cool there."

---

"Y/L/N."

Your attention was brought away from where you were blankly staring at the mysterious hammer within the newly erected base of operations.