Part Three

This was how it all started. 

   Here, in his room. 

   With his jibes and his insults and him implying that she probably didn't even know how to give aman pleasure properly. 

   That wasn't how the conversation started though ... to start with, he was actually quitecomplimentary. 

   It started with a slight awkwardness between them as she walked around the room, not quite surewhat she was really doing there. They needed a 'chat' ... but the conversation seemed to die in theair around them, as neither quite knew what to say. 

   She heard the clink of glasses and turned around to look at him. He was pouring fire whiskey intotwo tumbler glasses, filled with ice. 

   Oh of course, Malfoy would spare no expense on the minibar, wouldn't he? He reached out andhanded her a glass. The liquid burned her throat as she drank it down, hoping her nerves woulddampen if she was a little tipsy. 

   "You know how many Slytherin lads used to go on about you, Granger?" he asked her in a casualtone, sitting himself on the edge of his bed. "I'm surprised rumour never got back to you ... thethings Zabini wanted to do to you were quite the scandal." 

   He smirked when she wrinkled her nose in disgust. She poured herself another drink. If she wasgetting drunk then he was paying. 

   "Is that all you wanted to chat about? Zabini wanting his wicked way with me?" she asked as shethrew her drink back down her throat. "Old news, Malfoy." Then she smiled slyly at him. "Beenthere, done that ... he doesn't match up to his reputation." She knew that would get his attention. 

   Malfoy's eyes went wide momentarily, catching on to her meaning. 

   "Oh ... Granger, you little shrew." He emptied his glass. "You mean to tell me you've shaggedBlaise?" 

   She walked over to him, passing him the bottle. She shrugged, smiling wickedly at him. "Does itpiss you off that you didn't already know, Malfoy?" Anything to get one up on him. 

   She hadn't, of course. She'd never been anywhere near Zabini ... but she knew it would rile him up.Slytherins were nothing if not posessive, and if he thought Zabini had been anywhere near her thenshe knew it wouldn't settle well with him.

   And why? 

   Because Malfoy was a selfish bastard. And if he wasn't allowed near her, then his so-called friendscertainly weren't allowed to, either. 

   He was looking her up and down again thoughtfully. He gave a little laugh. "It doesn't piss me offas much as the thought of him being the first Slytherin you've fucked." 

   Her mouth went dry. 

   Did she hear that right? 

   He stood up in front of her now, a deadly serious look on his face. 

   "What were you expecting me to say, Malfoy?" she held the glass to her lips, trying her best to holdher nerve but at the same time her nerves were tingling at the prospect of knowing that he wasn'thappy to have not been told about this little nugget of information. 

   She saw the colour change in his eyes. And, oh my ... he didn't look happy. 

   He looked jealous. Holy fuck, Draco Malfoy looked jealous.

   "Zabini always did like to play his cards close to his chest ..." he told her slowly, his eyes neverleaving hers. "...I just never realised how close."