Trick or treat?

Plot - It's your first halloween as a member of the team, and the tension bubbling between you and Spencer Reid gets a little more intense...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't believe us, as a group of twenty-five plus year olds, are attending a halloween party. Do we not have something better to do?" Derek complained, twiddling a pen between his fingers.

"Come on, Derek. How often do we get to enjoy holidays anyway? You should be glad we have the night off," You said, placing your cup of coffee down on your desk and sitting down on the spinning chair, twirling around once before facing Derek again.

"A day off? You've only been here for a few months, sparky." Derek smirked.

"And I, am exhausted." You groaned with feigned exaggeration, taking a sip of your coffee.

Within a few moments, sunshine itself personified came into view, Penelope Garcia with a beaming smile and a bold outfit, paired with some bunny ears for the halloween spirit.
"Well I am more than excited. And you do not even know how big David Rossi's house is yet," Penelope said, pointing the fluffy end of her purple pen  in your direction.

"I can guess," you laughed, shaking your head.

"And we have enough cover so all of us will be there. You hear that? Every. Single. One." Penelope said.

"Alright babygirl, I know this is your dream come true. I'll be there." Derek winked at her and she waved her hand at him with a child-like giggle.

You smiled at the interaction before flipping over a case file, looking over it and tracing your fingers over some of the words, getting lost in the case for a few moments.

You slowly picked up your coffee cup and began taking a sip.

"Do we have to dress up for this party?" A familiar voice filled the surrounding filled the air, you could recognise that voice anywhere. Spencer Reid.

You lifted your eyes slightly and looked at him, and today he was wearing a fitted suit, no sweater vest, an actual suit. With just a blue shirt and tie, sleeves rolled up to his elbows and trousers fitting loosely on his waist.

You coughed slightly, spilling some coffee on your white blouse and over your chin.

"Shoot," you muttered, grabbing some tissues off the side and wiping your chin, dabbing down your blouse.

"You okay?" Spencer addressed you directly, walking over to you and leaning over you slightly to grab some more tissues for you, handing them over to you with a small smile.

You looked up at him as you took the tissues, nodding your head slightly.

"Yes, thank you," you said, feeling your skin heating up slightly and you probably looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"I'll go clean up properly in the restroom, thanks," you said with a soft smile before standing up and making your way to the restroom, mentally face palming as you closed the door behind you, while Penelope and Derek gave one another a knowing smile.

"So kid, costumes..." Derek began.

__________________________