36

"Um... sure." I said nervously. "Annnnnd I'm out." Gus said as everyone stated leaving. The nurse chuckled and walked over to us. Colby gently laid Aurora on my chest as the nurse explained everything.

"Alright, go ahead." She said and guided me somewhat, wanting me to try it on my own.

Once Aurora attached and started eating, I gasped and scrunched my nose causing the doctor and Colby to laugh.

"Does it feel weird?" She asked and I nodded. "Really weird." I mumbled and looked down.

"You should be all good. If you're need me, just hit the button. I'll leave you to it." She said and smiled and then left.

"What does it feel like?" Colby asked and sat down next to me. "Weird. Just really weird." I said and laughed, him joining in.

We sat around and just admired Aurora until she was done eating. "Can I burp her?" Colby asked and I nodded. "Of course." I said and then passed her to him. After that I fixed the gown and got more comfortable before turning my attention to Colby and Rora.

After a while, I ended up drifting off to sleep, too tired to even keep my eyes open.

When I woke up, everyone was in the room talking quietly.

"Morning sleeping beauty." Gus said sarcastically once he noticed I was up. "You try pushing an entire baby out of you." I mumbled and flipped him off causing everyone else to laugh.

I stretched and rubbed the sleepiness out of my eyes before sitting up and looking around for Rora.

"Hi babygirl." I cooed as Tom brought her over to me and gently laid her in my arms.

She looked up at me and smiled lightly, causing my heart to explode and tears to well up in my eyes.

"She's perfect." I whispered as Colby stood next to me. "She is." He said. She quickly fell asleep on my chest, warming my heart even more than it already was.

"So... how was breastfeeding?" Kat asked and I laughed. "What?" I asked. "Well, if Sam and I ever have kids, I need to know." She said and I chuckled.

"It's weird. Really weird." I said and shook my head and looked back down to Aurora. "But i don't mind." I said.

"How painful was it? Like actually." She said. "It hurt like a bitch but it was worth it. Like I've never been in so much pain in my life, but I have her and I'm heavily on meds so I'm good right now. Just a little sore. I seriously don't understand how some people don't get the epidural." I said and shivered at the thought of not having it.

"Yikes." She said. "Yup." I said.

"Ugh, I'm hungry." I said and pouted. "What would you like?" Colby asked me. I thought long and hard before deciding. Just as I was about to answer, the door opened.

"I hope you're hungry because I brought food." The nurse, Lexi said. "I'm starving." I said and she brought over a bowl of soup. "Soup?" I asked sadly.

"Yup. I hate to tell you but you need to wait a little longer to have other foods." She said and i frowned. "Okay." I said quietly and passed Aurora to Colby.

"Here you go, enjoy!" She said. "Thank you." I said and then took a bite. "No problem. Let me know if you need anything else." She said and smiled.

"We will." Colby said and then she stepped out. I continued eating my soup as everyone talked about really random things.

"Alright well we're gonna get going. We'll be back tomorrow." Sam said and they all stood up. "Alright. Bye guys" I said. Everyone came over and hugged us, congratulated us, and then said goodbye and left.

"Are you hungry?" I asked Colby as he set Aurora into her bed thing. "No, I ate while you were asleep." He said. "Okay." I said and yawned. "Tired still?" He asked and laughed "kinda. Come here." I said and patted the spot next to me in bed.

"Are you sure? I don't want to hurt you. I can sleep in one of the chairs or-" he said but I interrupted him. "Baby, don't be silly. Come here. I promise you won't hurt me." I said and reached out for him.

He chuckled but came over and very carefully laid down and pulled me to him.

We cuddled and talked for a little bit about the wedding since we needed to start planning that.

After a while, we ended up drifting off to sleep in each other's arms.