Chapter Two

"I have to go now Edd," Tom says to his friend, Edd, as the Yuber sits outside their house to drive Tom to the designated street he will meet his new friend. Tom holds a grin as he says, "I really hope the rest of the party goes good!"

"Wait Tom!" Edd says as Tom is about to leave out the front door. When Tom turns back toward him to see what's up, Edd hugs him tightly and Tom hugs him back and pats his back. Edd then lifts his head and says, "Please be careful." with a soft smile.

"Come on Edd, I told you I can take care of myself," Tom replies with a light chuckle. He knows his friends worry about him, even though they know Tom can keep himself safe.
Edd steps back and says, "I know, I know. I'm just reminding you to be safe."

"I'm always safe."

"We both know that's not true," They both laugh a bit. "Well, have fun too though."
"I will do my best Edd.

"Friends to the end?" Edd asks Tom with his pinky out toward him, Tom smiles and he gives out a small exhale.

Tom intertwines his pinky with Edd's and says, "Friends to the end, Edd."

Matt runs from the kitchen toward Tom with his apron and one of his oven mittens still on, he holds out a red velvet cookie and says, "This is for your new friend! You said he wears a lot of fancy red clothes, so this is the cookie that came to my mind when you spoke of him. Please give it to him!"

Tom shakes his head as if he were saying "Silly Matt..." before taking the neatly paper wrapped cookie from Matt and saying, "I will make sure it gets to him Matt."

Matt smiles and says, "Thanks Tom! Now I have to go keep decorating Ringo's birthday cake! Have fun!" Matt then runs off back into the kitchen, ever since last year when he got a job at the local bakery he just can't help himself from making great desserts for every occasion, no matter how small it is.

Tom then waves goodbye to Edd as he gets into the Yuber, he closes the door and the Yuber immediately starts driving. The driver asks, "Sheesh what're you doing on Denson Street that's so important that your friends said goodbye that dramatically? I'm almost jealous of that kind of attention!"

Tom laughs a bit and says, "I'm really only seeing a friend far away from here, they're just dramatic as you said. Great friends- annoying roommates."

"You are one lucky kid."

"I know."

After a twenty minute car ride and only a few mistake turns, he arrives at Denson Street where he says thank you to the driver before the car drives away. It's very dark even at dusk because of the thick clouds in the sky covering the dim sun; of course he isn't afraid of the dark, but only a psychopath could enjoy being outside in pitch black... Well excluding the person that just pulled up to Tom in one of the first cars Tom has seen that somehow looks old fashioned and modern at the same time.

The window rolls down and there sits Tord, he asks him, "Ready to leave, Tom?" The black eyed human nods and opens the door to the car before getting in. The outside of the car has a 1800's feel to it while the inside looks as though it were made by one of the top brands in the car industry. "This car must be custom made, there's no way someone sold it like this..." Tom says in his head, somehow feeling inferior to the car itself.

The horned male then begins driving and Tom almost forgets to buckle his seatbelt from the pure astonishment of the design the car has. Tom asks his new friend, "So... was this car custom made?".

The sharp toothed friend almost forgets that Tom has probably never in his life rode in a car this fancy before until he revealed his curiosity. Tordssen, who is relaxed because the sun is nowhere in sight at this point, replies, "I inherited this from my grandfather when he passed, and since I had the money I decided to renovate it to be more appropriate to the latest style in cars. Why? Do you like it?"