Chapter One

A male in a blue hoodie, which they call Tom, walks into the magic shop in order to buy some things that his friend, Edd, wanted for a party he will be throwing for his cat, her name is Ringo and it's for her birthday party; it's pretty important to Edd so Tom wants to make sure he gets all the right supplies. He walks over to the party section where they have a wide selection of party devices, like Confetti Dust, which instantly turns into confetti when thrown in the air and canned laughter for when your jokes need a little start to excite the crowd. So, in short, there's quite a few fun things in this aisle. When Tom is done looking at the different brands he takes his pick and puts it into his small shopping basket, Tom smiles and then looks at his list before searching for his next item.

Little does Tom know, not too far away there is a special man who holds a deep secret tainted in red. The dapper gentleman wears very old fashioned clothing, something like Victorian upperclassmen apparel that you'd find in an expensive 1800's store; and the small umbrella he carries around only adds on to his incredible first impressions from a glance.

Along with his glamorous clothes, his hair is no different; his caramel hair looks as though it were naturally perfect with the two devil like tufts of pure hair sticking up in perfect stance atop his head; which a little fun fact the common person doesn't ever see is that at times they act almost like cat ears and move around according to his emotions, it's unsure why his hair does it when it obviously doesn't contain bones, but it's a strong gene that has been passed down in his family for generations and so they don't question it at this point. While the majority of his hair is rather short, his mullet stays long in a small silk bow behind his neck; it acts almost like a ponytail since it is able to be pulled over his shoulder effortlessly.

While his hair is already incredible and a paradise to run your fingers through; his gold colored eyes and long eyelashes can both swoon and intimidate anyone he pleases with a simple eye to eye contact and a shiny smirk. His ears are fairly long and pointy as if they had come from a fairytale, no one in his family has had such long ears and so he considers them his most original feature. He is one out of a million rich men who can be both gorgeous and honest; truly a catch.

His accent is not too strong, but very much noticeable. He comes from Norway, but has lived in the UK for Many years now. Many who have gotten "close" to him say his accent thickens in the morning and when he speaks to someone he loves the most... but hey, those are only rumors. In reality, he hasn't found someone yet who can really catch his heartstrings and play them like a professional violinist.

This dashing man is known as Tordssen Lawson. He's widely loved by humans and others of his kind, but mostly the rich know of him because he isn't much of a public figure and likes it that way.

Tordssen doesn't have much to do nowadays, he is actually quite bored and has been for a few years now; he's desperate for something to catch his attention and keep it for a month at best. Yet even in this state of mind, he always dresses like it's his wedding day when he leaves the house; he has to keep the family tradition after all, "Look good and feel good." Although, it does get a bit draining to "feel good" all the time.

As he looks at all the mythical creature blood for his next big recipe, he suddenly smells something he's smelled many times in places like this before, but far sweeter than he's ever caught a whiff of before; and for the first time... it makes his heart skip a beat.

Tordssen wonders what that sudden feeling was as he looks over at Tom who is now picking out his favorite drink from the refrigerator, he figures the band aid on his ring finger is the cause for the smell he keeps sniffing like it'll disappear at any second. The man then asks himself, "Why does that man's blood smell so... sweet? It almost reminds me of Sangria wine..."

His curiosity peaks as he decides to stroll over to the male and tap his shoulder. For once in his life, he's a bit nervous to approach a middle-class human, but if he can manage then he wants to see if he can get a date with this human; of course not a date of romance, he just wants to see if he can figure out why his blood smells different to any blood type he's smelt before... and maybe taste it if possible.

Tom turns toward him and the horned male is surprised to see Tom has void like eyes, now he's very curious about this human. "Um... Can I help you?" The peculiar male asks the stranger in an almost annoyed tone, very confused as to why he was suddenly approached by a guy in such fancy clothing.

Tordssen would usually respond in a formal way, but decides the best way to seem as an even to this male is to act casual. He needs to be friendly, not intimidating.

"Oh! I was just wondering how you're doing today?" the persistent man says in the most unprofessional way he can. Tom looks at him weird because of the random question, he feels like this guy just skipped a big step in a regular conversation.

"My day is okay, I'm just doing errands for my friend right now." Tom replies anyways, he figures he'll give this guy a chance at a conversation even though it's been really weird so far. "Who are you by the way?"

Tordssen then realizes how much he screwed up at the very beginning of the conversation, nevertheless he tries to repair the conversation and reply, "My name is Tordss- Tord, just Tord. What is your name?" the sharp toothed man then holds his hand out to hopefully receive a handshake.

"Call me Tom," the black eyed male answers with a small grin, he takes Tord's cold hand and shakes it. When they pull their hands away, Tord can notice how a so very faint residence of the stranger's blood remains on his hand.

"I know we just met and all, but I was wondering if you'd like to go on a date with me tomorrow at around 8:00pm?" Tord asks with confidence, glad that the introduction phase is over. "I was thinking we could grab some drinks together."

"Oh! I'm so sorry, but I'm not into guys..." Tom says with a pitiful look, he's never been asked out by a guy before so he automatically feels really awkward.

"Oh no no! I don't mean romantically, I meant as friends." Tord says like he wasn't expecting that kind of response even though he knew exactly that was what it would be taken as at first.

"Oh thank god..." Tom mutters in relief, he doesn't feel as bad now. He then replies more lightly, "Oh yeah, sure man. Where do you want to meet?"

"How about Jayne's Wine House?" the sly man says, feeling so happy the conversation is going well now. "They recently got a shipment of some wines I've been really wanting to try."

"Oh, I don't think I've been there before. Is it expensive? Because I don't have the money to spend on alcohol this month." Tom asks, surprised that there's a place that sells alcohol and he hasn't been to before. "My roommate has already scolded me several times for getting too drunk and buying more alcohol than I can afford."

"You don't have to worry, it'll be on me," Tord says, being rich really comes in handy at times like these.

"Seriously dude? Thanks a lot!" Tom says with a grateful smile, before wondering how far away Jayne's Wine House is from his house. "Is that place really far from here?"

"About an hour, but if that's too far then how about this," One of Tord's strengths is negotiation. "You drive or grab a Yuber up to Denson Street (Around 20 minutes) and I can pick you up. I know a quick way to the winery that the GPS people usually use doesn't, we can even skip the highway if we go my way."

"If you drop me back off at Denson Street afterwards then we have a deal," Tom says, the plan is better than anything he could come up with.

"Piece of cake, and if you're too drunk to call for a pick up then I'll even do it for you," Tord replies, knowing damn well how good he did at convincing the guy. "So does Friday at 8:00pm sound good to you?"

"That sounds fantastic," Tom replies with a smile.

"Great! See you tomorrow then Tom!" Tord says as he heads out the door.

Tom gives his new friend a small wave goodbye with a smile, the conversation went way better than he was expecting. This is the first time in awhile that he's made a friend beside Edd and Matt, it's actually a bit exciting.

"I better head home and tell Edd I can't stay the entirety of Ringo's birthday party, I'm sure he won't mind." Tom says in his head. Tom then quickly pays and walks out of the shop with a light bag full of magical party items. "Well, I hope he won't mind." He wonders what exactly about him caused the stranger to say hello...