Hood Gurl- Vol. 8

Chapter 1

- And the story goes on… (Wednesday- Late June)

I could not believe that an unknown murderer shot my own best friend… my very best friend Deahvian at my sister Rae’s prom. Things soon started crashing down like a hurricane, and spinning around like a tornado. There was soo many questions, but only a little bit of answers. Luckily, Deahvian survived the shot… However, she is paralyzed and has to stay on a wheelchair for probably the rest of her life… Why did this happen to her? Who did this? Why did they do this and most importantly… WHY IS MY LIFE A LIVING HELL?

I learned that in life… you always have to expect the unexpected. Whether you like it or not, cause as much as you wish to turn things around, you have to keep walkin on the wrong path your life has taken you to.

In addition… HELLLLL…. Yeah, this is my life.

**************************************************************

It’s Tuesday on a rainy day. Raven dropped me over to D’s house. I have been ova her crib every single day after that tragic day at the Prom. Not only did my sister’s Prom get ruined, but my school been on the news about a dozen times due to more murder rumors around the school after the Prom. There was even one crazy rumor about Usher getting hurt too, but that wasn’t true… At least I hope not. Our school is officially closed and we can’t go back for regents or finals, and we were to take it when summer is over. This shit ain’t fair. I NEED to find that dumbass person who shot my best friend, and there gonna be in for BIG ASS rude awakening.

I soon arrived to the front porch. The rain was getting heavy, and thunder noises traveled through out the sky. I was wearin’ a double-breasted white fleece jacket, black leggings, and a black tall over the knee strappy boots and my hair was tied in a ponytail. I soon took a deep breath, seein D in a wheelchair was a devastating sight to see for me. Knownin she won’t be able to walk won’t be able to go up the stairs or do much of anything by herself anymore… Tears soon rolled down my eyes. Suck it up Kassidy… As long as your there for her, there ain’t no need to worry. I soon took another deep breath, and rang her doorbell. Her house is about the same size as mine except, she got stucco walls, a double driveway, and her lawn was more neat than mine. After a minute, I heard somebody head to the door, and soon it started unlocking.

“Hold upp.” D said unlocking the door. She soon got it open, and she opened the door. She was on her wheel chair and she wheeled back a bit to give me room to enter.

“Hey D, how you doin?”

“Gurl, I’m doin betta than before…” She soon closed the door.

Her house was warm, and we both headed over to her bedroom. Luckily, it was on the first floor. Her room is a bit bigger than the room I share wit Rae and she has purple and white walls, white carpet, a twin bed full of balloons, stuffed animals, a mini closet, a TV, a desk with her laptop, and her beside table was full of get well cards, balloons, and more teddy bears.

“Damn, I see you got a lot of love comin’ ova your way.”

“Well, I am special!” She said wheelin her self in her room and turned on the TV.

“D, do you ever wonder who did this to you?” I asked taking off my jacket.

“Well sort of… but I don’t really try to think about it.”

“But don’t you want that damn person to get fuckin caught!?”

“I do, I just try not to think about it…”

“WHY NOT D! I couldn’t stand what they did to you!! I really couldn’t. When I first saw u drippin in all ur blood, and bein rushed to the hospital, it was disastrous for me…” Soon tears filled my eyes and I couldn’t help it. The memory of almost losin my friend choked me up with tears. “And-and… when you got rushed into the hospital, I WAS THERE! I was there holding your hand… when you were in intensive care unit. I was there, every single day when you had to get that surgery… I was there D… I WAS THERE!”