𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 - 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐎𝐧

Louis sat with his head laid heavily in his hands. The past few weeks had been really difficult for him. The passing of his mum, being separated from Harry, Zayn not showing up to his performance. It all hit him like a saw grinding through wood. He was waiting for a text from Lottie, seeing as he hadn't seen his sisters since before his mum died. He was so worried for them, the girls were so young, and what about Ernie and Doris? They'd grow up without they're mother. Aside from all that, the most important thing on Louis's mind was comforting the twins and making sure Lottie and Fizz were ok.

Louis looked up slowly, to see the photo of him and Harry at x-factor. How he missed Harry. Simon had gotten a group of security guards to separate Harry from Louis, in a messy pickup Harry had been shepherded away in a small car. Blind to Louis' cries, security left a nice bruise on the top of Louis' eyebrow, they weren't gentle.

The past few days had been the same depressing cycle. Waves of realisation hitting him as he comprehends the fact that he will never see his mother again. Grief washing over him and sending streams of terror down his spine. The thought of how the future would look without her. Then there was the desperate attempts to contact Harry. He had never needed the love of his life more than he did in this moment. Management had flouted all attempts of their contact. Stopping phone calls and messages, logging Louis out of all forms of social media, not letting him leave the house.

Harry on the other hand, was doubled with guilt. He wanted to support Louis more than anything, Louis had just lost one of the of the most important people in his life, Harry was scared that Louis would do something stupid, he needed to talk to him, to wrap his arms around him in a deep never-ending grace. Harry had tried many times to sneak out, but Simons security wasn't easily tricked. Harry had been knocked out a few times as he tried to climb out the widow. Security usually just did whatever it took to stop him from escaping, they would do anything to keep Larry Stylinson out of the media, to keep Harry and Louis away from each other.

-

Louis heard the door open and sat bolt upright, he creeped around the edge of the kitchen to get a view of the door. Staring back at him he saw Eleanor.

"Louis!" Eleanor dropped her bags at the door and ran to hug him. Louis wrapped his arms around her and stuffed his face into her shoulder. 

"Shes gone El, she's gone and she's not coming back," Louis sobbed, Eleanor looked down into his puffy eyes.

"Lou, look at me, your going to be ok. Ok? Just hold on. Lottie and Fizz are coming tomorrow, I'll sort everything out. I tried to persuade the guys at your management to let you out of the house for a bit, seeing as I was here and we could both play along, but they don't trust either of us." Eleanor led Louis to the sofa and started fiddling around in the kitchen. She began to talk about some guy she'd met, and how he was really nice, apparently he didn't even know who she was.

Louis wasn't really listening. He'd opened his phone to a notification flashing on the screen. Hoping it was Lottie he tapped it gently and an article popped up. With slight disappointment Louis read the title. "Former One Direction member Zayn Malik and his shock disappearance."  Zayn disappearing? The Zayn he'd known for years of his life, gone missing? According to the article, Zayn had been recording the day he disappeared, and was seen coming out of the building before suddenly vanishing.

"Uh, Hey El?" Louis asked, Eleanor hummed in reply. "You haven't heard anything about... Zayn recently. Have you?" He continued, turning his head he saw Eleanor move hastily to face the other wall.

"N-no I haven't. Why do you ask?" She said nervously, her back facing Louis while cleaning the same spot on the bench over and over. Louis peered over to Eleanor, doubt crippling his thoughts. He exited the tab and tucked his phone gently into his pants.

"No reason, he didn't turn up to x-factor the other day. Pissed me off," Louis said shaking his head. His insides were bubbling just thinking about it. The x-factor performance was set be just a few days after his mum died, so Louis had invited all the boys as support. Each had promised to come, but Zayn just, didn't show up. Louis didn't bother talking to him after that. It was kind of the final straw. Lou had really needed him that day.

"Oh, ok," Eleanor said quietly. "Anyways, I- I'm staying here for three weeks, no other options. This month we're in total lockdown. Security everywhere, there's nothing we can do," Eleanor said, her back still to Louis, all thought of Zayn was pushed to the back of his mind.

"Ok... that's fine. What about Harold? Is he ok? Where have they taken him? Did they hurt him?" Louis asked urgently.

"I haven't heard anything, that's a good thing I guess. I'm not sure where he is. But he's ok Louis, they would never do anything, really bad. It would cost them too much, Harry's an important part of their profit." Louis nodded slowly, he didn't know whether this relived him or made things worse.

.........................................................................................

Heyyy  So, this chapter is kinda boring, but trust me the idea for this is *chefs kiss*. I'm totally not writing this during class- anyways hope your enjoying. There will be more character interaction soon, you'll hear from the Tomlinsons, the styles and the rest of the boys are going to join the party soon enough. Eheh 

Thanks <33