𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Goodbyes aren't easy. The thought of never seeing someone again, never seeing their face light up as they laugh, or their arms wide in embrace as they run toward you.

You never expect to have to say goodbye to the most important people in your life. But alas. Life isn't a movie. Where righteous and evil is decided by a mere hero and villain. Good versus bad. The villain trying to take over the world and gain power. And the Hero fighting to protect the citizens who are terrified of what this villain might achieve. Good and evil is a completely different concept in real life.

And you'd think, after spending four years with someone, never leaving their side and making irreplaceable memories, they would always be there for you. Especially when you need them more than anyone. And your left wondering, what you did wrong. What you could have possibly said that made them drop your hand and leave the seat beside you.

But you know what the hardest thing is? More difficult than finding the thin line between good an evil, more difficult than trying to figure out what you did to ruin a relationship. Is when most important person in your life, walks out. Without the chance to say goodbye.

One minute they're there. All bright faced and happy. The next thing you know your sitting at their grave begging them to come back. Pleading for those golden moments where you could tell them what they mean to you. All you want, all you need, is a goodbye.