To Great Recoveries and Luck

Saturday morning came and Gabriela Swan was not back home yet. But her father wasn't too worried, with a text saying she was spending the night at a friend's house, Charlie's nerves were calmed slightly, knowing his daughter will be safe.

Oh boy, how wrong he was.

Nonetheless, she was now safe in the guest room of the Cullen's. Seeing as her wounds were healed—albeit the Cullen's did nothing—and she was dressed into clean clothes. With a slight fever that was taken care of by Esme and Rosalie, she was in tip-top shape in no time. Of course, the trauma will forever haunt her.

When Gabby woke up in an unfamiliar room, she had panicked quickly. She had last remembered the cold hands that covered and touched her body as they drained her of her blood. Clutching at her shirt, she noticed the different clothing that clad her body. Then she shook her head, tears streaming down her face as she shook.

Her body. Touched.

Her life. Almost stolen.

She hated the colour red.

So caught up in her thoughts, she didn't notice the blonde girl at the corner who quickly embraced the girl, her heart reaching out to Gabby.

"Shh, it's okay," Rosalie whispered to which Gabby looked up at as the sound of Rosalie's voice reached her ears. Pushing the girl away, she scooted far away, pushing her body into the pillows. "I'm not going to hurt you."

"Who are you? Where am I?"

Surprised at the lack of recognition, Rosalie stood up from the bed as she looked at the girl. Her sister was near obsessed with their family, so it was truly a shock the other twin was in the dark when it came to the other family members. Especially being in a friend group with Jessica Stanley.

"I'm Rose, Jasper's sister. You're currently at our house."

"H-How did I get here?"

"We found you near the forest," Rose answered, biting her lip.

That was a massive lie. A lie they needed to say to keep their identities safe.

"You were passed out cold near the forest clearing when Jasper and I were jogging. When you weren't waking up, we just brought you home and got Carlisle to check up on you."

"No."

What?

Rosalie stared at the girl as she shook her head. She was obviously recalling the memories of last night, but how was she going to explain the whole lot to her? The whole thing about vampires and her self-healing thingy without blowing the whole family's cover?

"No, I—there was—I was—" But before the girl could finish her sentence, a choking sob came out as she was overwhelmed by the emotions and memories. Rosalie sighed and walked over to the other side of the bed where she embraces the girl. Gabby tensed at first but calmed down quickly after reminding herself that Rosalie Cullen was harmless. Accepting her hug, she let herself cry and sob at the pain of those memories haunting her.

Rosalie was sure that whatever the girl went through was rough, especially since it was a near-death experience, how could one easily get over it in a matter of hours?