Chapter 13: January

You and Bucky race into the room to check the score board. Both of you freeze once you see it. Your heads tilt to the side.

"It's tied." You say.

"It's never tied." Bucky says.

You both look at each other before sprinting down the hall to Tony's office.

At one point, you jumped on Bucky's back in attempt to slow him down. Being him, he immediately grabbed the back of your legs so you wouldn't fall.

"Tony." Bucky says as he walks in. You hop off his back.

"I need a mission." You both say in unison.

"Your scores are tied. Lucky for you, a two person mission became available today. Here's the info. Go suit up." Tony says as he hands you a folder.

*-*-*

"Are you ready doll?" Bucky asks as he grabs his gun. You nod and grab a few weapons to use.

"Just be... be safe out there. Please. I don't want you getting hurt." Bucky says. You nod, "I'll do my best not to get killed."

"Thank you." Bucky kisses your forehead before you walk out of the jet together.

The mission was fairly easy. Multiple agents attacked you. You took them down with ease. Only getting a couple bruises that'll hurt the next morning.

Your mind kept wandering back to Bucky. You wondered if he was taking down more agents than you. If he was hurt. If he was dead.

The thought made your stomach twist. You couldn't imagine Bucky being dead. The thought made you want to vomit.

Little did you know, Bucky was wondering the same thing. He was wondering if you were okay. If you were doing alright by yourself. He knows you're a damn good fighter, but he was still nervous that you were hurt. That you were dead.

He really hoped you weren't dead. That you were still alive.

The past couple of Saturdays, he spent them listening to you vent about to her week. Your doctor said it'd be helpful to talk to someone about your week.

They meant a therapist, but you felt more comfortable talking to Bucky rather than a therapist. You said to your doctor, "I don't wanna talk to a therapist. Their name is literally, the, rapist."

After arguing with back and forth, your doctor eventually let you talk to Bucky.

*-*-*

After the mission, you and Bucky walk to the conference room together. The whole team is there. Patiently waiting.

"This is the worst day of my life." You say.

Bucky smirks at you. He erases his and your number and writes the new ones down. He beat you by one.

One.

That's it.

How the hell did that happen? Doesn't matter anymore I guess. Because he won. You lost and he won. Now you have to go on dates with him. Something you didn't want to do. But you have to now. That's great. Fantastic.

"Congratulations to... Bucky Barnes!" Nat claps. "He has won the bet."

Everyone claps and cheers for Bucky. You stand there motionlessly. Bucky kisses your cheek. "Don't worry doll. I'll be nice."

"I hate you all." You say.