A Busy Day For Camie

Cockle-doodle-doo!

Cockle-doodle-doo!!

Cockle-doodle-doo!!!

Cockle-doodle-

"Oh do shut up, Henry!" said the cockrel's wife, a sweet hen called Henrietta,"I'm sure everybody gets the concept by now," "Yeah, you rotten swine! You've been going on like that for hours!", said Hansel the Horse, butting in. "You talkin' to me?" said Percy the Pig, interested in the conversation as soon as he heard the word 'swine'."No you egg head!" responded Hansel."So now you teasin' me again, huh? Lets teach this horse a lesson Percy! Percy and Henry attacked Hansel. Henry fluttered about pecking at Hansel's mane and Percy bit at his heels. Hansel was hurt, but was strong. He fought back, kicking at Percy's gut and biting at Henry. Hansel was evenly matched with his opponents.

"Oh dear me!" muttered Henrietta to herself, fluttering over a bale of hay to the open door that connected the barn she was in to the other one. She walked up to the old, bony cow, Clara-belle, who was in a deep conversation with the other old gals in the barn. "Oh Clara, oh Clara, do stop the boys, they're going mad!" clucked Henrietta. Clara-belle, the farm 'leader' as the other animals addressed her, paused from talking to Ramona the Ram and Paula, an old pig. Danielle the duck, who was about Henrietta's age was also nearby, ready to tell them all the gossip she had heard of that week.

She was catering for her triplets, who were only about five years old. Clara-belle sighed. She bellowed for her young daughter of 17 years. "Camie! Camie!" she bellowed louder."Coming Grandma!" came the response. A sweet white cow, with black patches all over her appeared from the third barn, next to the second barn where the women where. " Do go and stop those rowdy hooligans!" said Clara-belle. Camie grunted and walked over to the first barn. She looked at the boys, disappointed in them.

"Come on guys!" she said. They all stopped fighting and looked at her."Are you children?" Henry put his wings behind his back. Hansel looked down at the floor and Percy whistling as if nothing had happened. All three had red cheeks of embarrassment. She lifted her head high, proud and pompous as she walked out of the barn, into the beautiful outside. Farm animals everywhere, just enjoying themselves. It really was nice at 'Don Mellow' farm.

This was the farm that she was going to be in charge of when her Grandmother had retired. "Camie, you sweet thing!" said a soft voice. Camie looked down. "Oh, Sheila!" she said, "How are you?". "Oh i'm good..." Sheila said in reply. The two got into a deep talk about all those girly, gossipy things girls talk about, including Camie's crush from a nearby farm called Bellamy the Bull."But oh, he was dreamy..." they went on."To be honest, I thought he liked you too Camie!". "Oh no," said Camie, now blushing bright red. The gossip continued.

"Sheila!" called Sheila's mother, Sarah."I've got to go Camie!" said Sheila. "Bye!" said Camie, as her friend 'by-ed' her back."Camie!" her grandmother bellowed again. Camie sighed. "Now what? she sighed to herself.

"All of us highly important ladies will be having lunch at exactly 2:00 in the afternoon. I'd like you to arrange it." said Clara-belle. Camie answered her with a polite 'Yes' and went to her room. Lunch was only hours away.

And I'm sure you think it's only animals that own the farm. Heh heh, you're wrong! The name of the farmer is Conner Don Mellow. He takes very good care of the animals and treats them with all the respect they deserve. He would feed them at 8:00 in the morning, 1:00 in the afternoon and 6:00 at night.

It was very hard for Conner alone to look after the animals, so after feeding them, he'd go and check if all the animals were alright, then go into his house, a bungalow, slouch onto his favourite brown chair, and read newspapers. Sometimes you'd catch him doing this with bread and tea.

Finally, when Lunch time arrived, Camie, Hansel, Henry, Percy and Sheila prepared the table for the elders, and other important women in the farm. Danielle, Henrietta and some of their friends, in their thirtys, like them were also seated on that very long table.They were having a meeting on how to make seperate fields for children and adults, so that the adults won't always have to be stressed. On the table behind sat Camie and those who helped in preparing the table. Camie's friend Millie, a brown cow joined them, and they were also with Danielle the duck's triplets.

Both tables filled with noise,(especially the womens' table) and with much eating going on. The girls on the other table did their gossip, with the boys doing all sorts of things such as burping, farting, snorting, hooting and - "How bush can you get boys?" Camie asked. "Yeah," said Millie, who had been trying to ignore the boys as they ate.

"I dont know," said Hansel mischeviously, "Why don't you let Percy show you?". Percy ate a mouthful of crisps and drank a gallon of apple cider. He guzzled them down at once, and let out a disrupting burp, so smelly, so nasty, so loud, that Clara-belle sacked the young table from the room.

At night, the boys slept in their various places, and Sheila and Millie to their own barn. Clara stretched on a straw mat beside her Grandmother, who was fast asleep.

At 3:00 am, Camie heard a loud BOOM! she ran outside, where suprisingly there was so much smoke. All the animals in barns1, 2 and 3 where already outside, gazing at the light beneath the smoke, awestruck and scared. Camie asked her Grandmother what was happening, but her Grandmother gave no reply.

Then suddenly, out of the smoke emerged a shadowy figure. "Do not be afraid, we come in peace" said the figure, still unseen. Camie gulped. 'Do not be afraid' was the last thing she'd want to hear right now!