Chapter 1: Paris Here I Come

I woke up this morning with a jolt in my step. I was smiling like a maniac. Today was the day. I grabbed several suitcases and threw them down the stairs.

I saw my mom and dad walk up. "I know your excited to leave us, but can't you at least try to contain it?" My mom stated. Her eyes were glossy probably trying to hold in her tears. "Mom, I'm sorry but... I'm going to Paris! I'm going to see the Eiffel tower and meet designers who are legends." I told them. She nodded and dove at me for a hug. Her arms wrapped around me. "I'll miss you." She whispered. My dad on the other hand looked like he'd care less.

"C'mon kiddo you got a flight to catch." He told me. I nodded and gave my mom a quick kiss on the cheek. With that we ran out the door.

I hopped in my dad's tall truck. I looked at my home I was leaving for a summer maybe longer. I would miss my home, but I knew I'd love Paris!

We drove down narrow roads and pouring rain to get to the airport. It looked nothing like the rest of town. It was fancy. The outside had one way glass and marble stairs. We walked up a long set of stairs. To weigh my luggage and get my ticket printed.

We stood in the security line for what seemed years! The Oregon airport, you would think from the small town we live in it would have a thirty minute line, but no it has a line that looks as if it was a bookstore on the night a Harry Potter novel came out.

I finally got to the security guards who scan me for metal and check me for weapons. I look at my dad, "So thus is goodbye." I told my dad. "I love you sweetie." He responded. I gave him a bear hug and a quick kiss in the cheek then I moved forward onto an escalator that shipped us out to the plane. It was official I was going to Paris