Valentine's Day at a tiny Cafe

A/N: Hello! I'm back with another oneshot for you all! I'm kinda on a roll right here with these stories here! : Now I'll quit rambling and start the story already!

Also, the title rhymes if anyone hasn't noticed it already X'D

Imagine Person A of your OTP sitting in a café on Valentines day, alone. Person B sees them, and, feeling bad for them, decides to sit at the same table as Person A and talk with them. They almost instantly fall in love.

It was a warm, spring day. The birds sang their usual melodies as they flew across the wind, butterflies floated above the beautiful park's garden as if they were angels sent from above, the clouds drifted by blissfully in their remarkable luminescence, the flowers petals glistened, oh and did I mention the couples- Wait, the couples?

Oh right, it was Valentine's Day.

Flippy usually spent all day everyday inside his home, and only went out during near night time, but today was different. That's right, he finally went out, in broad daylight too. Well isn't that an amazing achievement for the teddy bear? Applaud for them, dammit.

So right, he decided to head out for this certain holiday, why, you ask? He always thought this time of year was just brilliant, especially around Valentine's Day. Though, the couples that strolled on by without a care in the world did always make him feel jealous. Oh, how he knew if he had a relationship, it would not end well. Well, at least if they were just an average tree friend, but let's not go into too much detail of that, alright? Good, lets continue.

He poured in some sugar into his coffee, then stirred and drank from it, his tongue tasting the sweetness of his coffee and enjoying it as far as we know. He took in the scenery from behind the glass walls of the cafe. Smiling at how happy and blessed everyone looked out there. Heh, reminded him of the old days, before you-know-what happened.

A sudden scream erupted from outside, causing him to turn his head in a way that could've snapped his neck but didn't surprisingly. A cream colored bear, who was known around the town as Pop, looked devastated and was calling out for help. Flippy soon saw why as his young son known as Cub was in their stroller, and rolling down the hill in such unbelievable speed. Flippy was about to knock over the table and race down there to help, until a blue blur flew by and already stopped Cub from meeting such an unpleasant doom. Even though if he was killed, they'd come back as good as new tomorrow. Such a blessing yet a curse for this small town, wasn't it?

The blue squirrel that had saved the young boy cradled him carefully in his arms and flew back down to the ground, inviting Pop to come and retrieve his son. The people around the block cheered on for him, and he took it all in, then his eyes met Flippy's.

Flippy doesn't know how he got the town's superhero to come and sit across from him in this tiny cafe, but it seemed to have happened whether he did something or not. They both enjoyed their coffee in sweet silence, and that same silence was broken as soon as Splendid opened his mouth.

"Come here often?"

"Not at all," Flippy responded immediately, then continued on. "I'm usually not one to really get out of my house, but today was an exception." He smiled politely at the dashing superhero.

"I see," He smiled back and sipped some more of his cappuccino.

"So how's your day been, hero?"

"Pretty good, a bit tiring because of all the incidents that have been happening these past few weeks, or years even. But, I can't complain, it's my job to keep things at peace around here. As tiring as it is, it's still satisfying."

"Are you saying you rather be an average tree friend?"

"I'm not saying that at all, to be honest, I think it would be pretty boring in fact. Even though my job can be tiring, it's still exciting."

"Heh, I guess I know what you mean in a way." Flippy felt his alter flinch a bit from behind his mind.

"Do you now?" Splendid raised a brow and chuckled. "It's your alter you're talking about right?"

"Pretty much, a drag to deal with, but can come in handy is certain situations. So long as he can keep himself from killing the innocent people of course, but there hasn't been much violence going on since the war, so I can't say that I'll really need him anymore, but I can never be too sure."

"Exactly my point!"

Flippy giggled at the blue one's charming personality, so bold yet so childish. Never thought he would find the two mixed together to be so attractive. Likewise for the hero, except in their case, it was Flippy's cuteness and kindheartedness. The two chattered on until the moon reached it peak, and once they said their goodbyes to one another, they went their separate ways. Both still unaware of the others feelings and hoping to meet once again.